Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need help with exterior/interior spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:40 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Need help with New Vantage exterior/interior spe

I'm playing around with the configurator and filling out the specification form but need some clarification about the different color options. If you have seen them in person, could you please describe the differences between the following options? I'm not sure if the colors in the configurator are accurate and images on the web were shot in different lighting conditions so it is hard to tell the colors apart.

Exterior
  • Lunar White (Primary) - Looks like non-metallic white?
  • Stratus White (Contemporary) - Looks like pearl white?
  • Morning Frost White (Contemporary) - Looks like it has a yellowish tint?
  • White Stone (AML Special)
Primary Palette comes standard while Contemporary and AML Special are around $1,800 and $5,400 additional, respectively. Q colors are cost-prohibitive for me.

Interior
  • Black Damson (Contemporary)
  • Obsidian Black (Contemporary) - Looks warmer than Black Damson?
  • Metallic Black (AML Special)
Contemporary leather is about $1,800 and the AML Special is an extra $1,300 more. I am thinking of ordering a monotone interior with contrast stitching. While I loved the duotone Phantom Grey and Electron Yellow sport plus seats and interior of the test/demo car, I think that combo will get old quickly on a daily driver.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm trying to spec out a couple of options before heading over to the dealership.

Last edited by programmatore; 05-21-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by programmatore
I'm playing around with the configurator and filling out the specification form but need some clarification about the different color options. If you have seen them in person, could you please describe the differences between the following options? I'm not sure if the colors in the configurator are accurate and images on the web were shot in different lighting conditions so it is hard to tell the colors apart.

Exterior
  • Lunar White (Primary) - Looks like non-metallic white?
  • Stratus White (Contemporary) - Looks like pearl white?
  • Morning Frost White (Contemporary) - Looks like it has a yellowish tint?
  • White Stone (AML Special)
Primary Palette comes standard while Contemporary and AML Special are around $1,800 and $5,400 additional, respectively. Q colors are cost-prohibitive for me.

Interior
  • Black Damson (Contemporary)
  • Obsidian Black (Contemporary) - Looks warmer than Black Damson?
  • Metallic Black (AML Special)
Contemporary leather is about $1,800 and the AML Special is an extra $1,300 more. I am thinking of ordering a monotone interior with contrast stitching. While I loved the duotone Phantom Grey and Electron Yellow sport plus seats and interior of the test/demo car, I think that combo will get old quickly on a daily driver.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm trying to spec out a couple of options before heading over to the dealership.
Check your email G

Old 05-20-2018, 11:52 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, SheriffDep. I'll keep you posted.

This is the direction I am going. Hopefully the dealership has paint swatches and leather samples so I can decide which exterior and interior options to get.

I really liked the Phantom Grey and Electron Yellow duotone interior of the test/demo car. It fit well with the sporty (non-GT) nature of the car. I just think the duotone interior will lose its novelty after a while. Maybe I can inquire about getting just the yellow highlight strips in the middle of the seats? Or is even going with just the strips too much?

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this build (other than that the big grille is horrendous ).

Last edited by programmatore; 05-21-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
looks fabulous, very similar to the colour combo I ended up[ with

mine was only dreaming though

please let us know what you end up with

Graeme

Old 05-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Graze
looks fabulous, very similar to the colour combo I ended up[ with

mine was only dreaming though

please let us know what you end up with

Graeme
Thanks, Graeme. Can you tell the test drive went well?

Old 05-21-2018, 06:48 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
No tartan accents? That is the way to go if you are considering duo tone interior.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:33 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by programmatore
Thanks, SheriffDep. I'll keep you posted.

This is the direction I am going. Hopefully the dealership has paint swatches and leather samples so I can decide which exterior and interior options to get.

I really liked the Phantom Grey and Electron Yellow duotone interior of the test/demo car. It fit well with the sporty (non-GT) nature of the car. I just think the duotone interior will lose its novelty after a while. Maybe I can inquire about getting just the yellow highlight strips in the middle of the seats? Or is even going with just the strips too much?

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this build (other than that the big grille is horrendous ).
why not do the side strake in body color? I think it would look better

and I would do a more metallic sparkle white than that off grey or whatever it is, but thats just my personal taste

other than that, looks awesome to me thumbs up

Old 05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
The phantom grey is a nice color. Obsidian black is pretty much what you will find as the black interior on most existing cars. I have it on my car. Find pictures of cars with a black interior and it's going to be obsidian. I like it, but I'd go with the phantom grey given a choice.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:49 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I have phantom grey with some white stitching and some black stitching on the seats... it is a nice change from the standard obsidion black found in so many dealer ordered cars ... if i had to order, i love bitter chocolate with some lighter colors on doors

Old 05-21-2018, 03:50 PM
mrklas will become famous soon enough
I like your configuration....
Phantom Gray is a nice color - its very dark so folks may assume its black until the contract with the console.

If you want more color - using a different thread may be a nice way to do it.

I really like the exterior white/black contrast.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:10 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
They should have all the color samples at the dealer and don't be afraid to take them outside to really see what they look like in the real world. I went to mine 5 times just to compare the Mako to Lightning outside in different conditions before I decided I could live with it and flew to Boise to see it in person.

I have seen Morning Frost age to look very different. There was a 2010 roadster at a used lot that looked nothing like the new coupe they had on the dealer floor.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:05 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
They should have all the color samples at the dealer and don't be afraid to take them outside to really see what they look like in the real world. I went to mine 5 times just to compare the Mako to Lightning outside in different conditions before I decided I could live with it and flew to Boise to see it in person.

I have seen Morning Frost age to look very different. There was a 2010 roadster at a used lot that looked nothing like the new coupe they had on the dealer floor.
Morning Frost is what I most likely would get if white. But HO, I wonder if it was just dulled out, and if A. a paint correction and deep polish was done would it return to original color? B. maybe was neglected and looked that way.

G - - AM can have a Morning Frost Virage brought to the dealership at any time you want. Their photographer advertiser just bought the 2011 or 12 they had with low mileage. But, you could even spend a couple hundred and have the body shop paint 2-4 different 2' x 2' aluminum sheets with the different paint colors. Then take your time and choose. Just a larger idea. The little cars painted wont help too much, IMHO

Old 05-21-2018, 10:24 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Honestly I don't know but it wasn't dull, it was very creamy and the pink was really strong. I've seen a couple in pictures that looked pretty close also. The one on the floor and the sample 1-77 are much more white with all the subtle tones at different angles.

I found the color samples to be very useful because they're shaped like a car, you see how the different hues reflect in the different viewing angles all at once instead of just a flat panel.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Honestly I don't know but it wasn't dull, it was very creamy and the pink was really strong. I've seen a couple in pictures that looked pretty close also. The one on the floor and the sample 1-77 are much more white with all the subtle tones at different angles.

I found the color samples to be very useful because they're shaped like a car, you see how the different hues reflect in the different viewing angles all at once instead of just a flat panel.
No, I agree the color car samples are great, I was just meaning such a small area, a larger panel might help with specifics on the diff whites

Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
If you never have, I highly recommend looking at your paint thru a loupe. The tiny particles of different hue that make up the paint itself is really something cool.

And I recently started noticing something I'd never seen before, and have no idea why. But when the light is coming off the dash right, and I have my sunglasses on, I swear there is diamond dust in the Obsidian Black, it looks like a million tiny stars. Is that the way everybody's is or, do I have a problem starting?! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help with exterior/interior spec