Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

There are others like it... but this one is mine! I'm finally a V8V owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 AM
ser1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile There are others like it... but this one is mine! I'm finally a V8V owner!

My year long look has come to an end when I found the perfect car for me. I am the 3rd owner, California car, owned by the most persnickety engineer I have ever met in my life, but he kept the car in unbelievable shape. There really isn;t a dent, ding or scratch on it!

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and cant wait to finally join the conversation

The Car:
Tungsten Silver
Black leather w/ fine stitching
Heated seats
20k miles
6-speed manual
19" wheels
Navigation
Premium Audio
Cruise control
Bluetooth Phone
HID w/ washers
Umbrella + holder
Updated OEM clear tail lights

Maintenence done in the last 100 miles:
• Replace engine oil with 11 quarts of Castrol Edge Professional TWS 10W-60 oil and new OEM Aston Martin oil filter/bypass o-rings/sump plug & copper washer.
• Replace air intake filters with OEM factory elements.
• Replace engine thermostat with OEM upgraded design.
• Clean throttle butterfly.
• Drain and flush radiator/cooling system, refill with Prestone Dex Cool
• Replace doors/hood/rear hatch struts with OEM new Aston Martin struts.
• Replace cabin pollen filters.
• Drain/refill transaxle oil and refill with 5 qts. Castrol Syntec full synthetic gear oil and clean filter.
• Drain/flush brake system, refill/bleed with Castrol React Performance Dot 4
• Drain/flush power steering system, refill with Pentosin CHF 11S hydraulic fluid.
• Replace all 4 brake rotors with new OEM factory Aston Martin rotors from England (Original ones were squeaking)
• Replace all brake pads with Porterfield r4s pads
• Replace all 4 tires with Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position
• Replace tire repair kit.
• New Battery

Now for the pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	DGjaZss.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	536971

Name:	IicAAak.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	836.6 KB
ID:	536972

Name:	hkP7vc1.jpg
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	536973
In her natural habitat...
Attachment 1

Name:	C1RhExv.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	536974

Name:	han4hin.jpg
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	536975

Name:	JF4XPdI.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	536976

All for now! These are all iPhone pics, Ill take some proper photos soon!

(oh does it look stock height? I think it might have lowering springs and the PO didn't know, because it looks like it might be a little lower?)

Old 05-31-2018, 12:57 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Nice. Looks clean. Hard to tell if it's lowered from those pics. Need a side shot. I wasn't looking for a tungsten car in particular, but I love the color. Depending on the light it will look more dark silver (dark light) or sand color (sun). Enjoy.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:01 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulation for the acquisition of the most beautiful car ever build!

She looks stunning!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys! Here is a side shot showing the ride height a little better. It's not slammed but it looks lower than others I have seen online..

Name:	FeDV1eu.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	536960

Old 05-31-2018, 01:17 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
for some reason i tend to like the stock wheels better than the sport package one that i have on.

but grass is always greener on the other side right? nice to see another Tungsten Silver fella. the paint definitely changes color according to the surrounding and time of day when the light hits.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car. Congratulations and enjoy the ride!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Thanks, LA and Seattle guys! I live in LA and work in Seattle a week every month

howzz1854- I really like these stock 19's also, however, I would be happy to trade engines if you are interested =)

Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by ser1992
Thanks, LA and Seattle guys! I live in LA and work in Seattle a week every month

howzz1854- I really like these stock 19's also, however, I would be happy to trade engines if you are interested =)
you mean the wheels? the engines are the same. i don't have the S, just regular Vantage with Sports package, which has the upgraded five spoke and suspension.

you can see mine here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...wning-car.html

the paint looks more light/bright liquid metal under 12'oclock sun light, but more brown liquid at 3pm, and darker grey in shadow.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by howzz1854
you mean the wheels? the engines are the same. i don't have the S, just regular Vantage with Sports package, which has the upgraded five spoke and suspension.

you can see mine here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...wning-car.html

the paint looks more light/bright liquid metal under 12'oclock sun light, but more brown liquid at 3pm, and darker grey in shadow.
Isn't yours a 4.7 though?

You are very right on the paint, under direct sun the silver and metallic flake really stands out!

Old 05-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the club, I love the color of your Vantage. Looks like you have all of the good options. I loved my 2007 Vantage as well. What dealer are you going to use? We need some interior pics as well. You can get a list from Aston Martin of what is on your car as well, from a dealer, and also a reprinted Window sticker.
Ron

Old 05-31-2018, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Welcome to the club, I love the color of your Vantage. Looks like you have all of the good options. I loved my 2007 Vantage as well. What dealer are you going to use? We need some interior pics as well. You can get a list from Aston Martin of what is on your car as well, from a dealer, and also a reprinted Window sticker.
Ron
Thanks, I was hoping I could get a reprint of the window sticker, that is great news. I am undecided on the dealership, I need to find one because there is one recall issue I need updated, but I will probably do the annual servicing myself. I have a lift and am pretty mechanically capable (I build custom motorcycles in my spare time so have lots of tools at my disposal).

Anyone recommend the best Aston dealer in the LA area?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by ser1992
Isn't yours a 4.7 though?

You are very right on the paint, under direct sun the silver and metallic flake really stands out!

oh yeah you're right, i totally blanked on your year. i was looking mainly at the pictures.

for dealership, i like Galpin better. they tend to have a better review and price than Beverly. but this is my subjective opinion. and i've only dealt with Galpin.

maybe you and i can meet up locally for a cars and coffee. just don't end up side ways on the way out.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:16 PM
you can also look up VelocityAP's website and find authorized VAP dealer. most of those VAP authorized dealers will do services. but for regular services, i plan on taking it back to the exotic dealership where i got it from. since as a customer of theirs they give an extra discount on services.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by howzz1854
oh yeah you're right, i totally blanked on your year. i was looking mainly at the pictures.

for dealership, i like Galpin better. they tend to have a better review and price than Beverly. but this is my subjective opinion. and i've only dealt with Galpin.

maybe you and i can meet up locally for a cars and coffee. just don't end up side ways on the way out.
I would love to! What is your favorite C&C?

I have the car in Oregon now and have it ready for the trip home

Name:	hYHHr3d.jpg
Size:	990.3 KB
ID:	536959

Old 05-31-2018, 02:21 PM
i've actually never done a C&C, i've just always heard about idiots leaving C&C and end up side ways on the way out. so my goal is to not end up like one.

i am usually around the Burbank and Santa Monica area. mostly Burbank. i wonder if that Bob's Big Boy place would be good. they always have cool classics parked outside. i am sure they'll appreciate a couple nice Astons. i am not aware of any British restaurants locally.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: There are others like it... but this one is mine! I'm finally a V8V owner!