Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2006 db9 & 2010 xkr

Old 06-09-2018, 05:18 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
2006 db9 & 2010 xkr

My brother drove his 2010 XKR 700 miles to visit me this weekend and we had a good time switching off between his car and my 2006 DB9.
The XKR has 60 more bhp than the Gen 1 DB9, but we both agreed that the Aston feels more raw and angry. His car is certainly quick and feels more refined, and I have no doubt that made his long drive more pleasant. On the other hand, we both felt that the DB would probably be more entertaining on shorter drives.
I certainly prefer the sound of the V12, and I think mine's much better looking...but, of course, I would have bought a Jag instead if I wanted a Jag!

Old 06-09-2018, 06:25 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zuman
My brother drove his 2010 XKR 700 miles to visit me this weekend and we had a good time switching off between his car and my 2006 DB9.
The XKR has 60 more bhp than the Gen 1 DB9, but we both agreed that the Aston feels more raw and angry. His car is certainly quick and feels more refined, and I have no doubt that made his long drive more pleasant. On the other hand, we both felt that the DB would probably be more entertaining on shorter drives.
I certainly prefer the sound of the V12, and I think mine's much better looking...but, of course, I would have bought a Jag instead if I wanted a Jag!

Aston hands down...

my sister has the XKR and I used to love driving driving it until my Vantage

Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
On the Jaguar forum one member had a DBS and then an XKRS and liked the XKRS better; more power, more refined ride... I owned an XK and the Aston beats it in handling all day long.

Your review is closer to how I would rate them. Either car is brilliant choice at the prices they go for now. XKR 5.0 is a great buy.