Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V arrived today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 07:26 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V arrived today

My 2008 V8 Vantage Roadster was delivered today. Manual transmission, Tungsten exterior, dark grey (phantom?) interior, 19” wheels, red calipers, Bluetooth, premium sound, many factory options, etc. 34,xxx miles. I couldn’t be happier. Went for a quick spin, but as it is currently raining like hell, the car is parked in the garage.

A couple things I noticed...

Tire pressure sensor warning light is on. Admittedly, I did not yet check pressures. Will do so in morning and also disconnect sensor to see if this clears fault. I live in Virginia and will have to get a state inspection in the next several days - dash warning lights are an automatic failure so I need to clear one way or the other. I see that Redpants sells a defeat dongle and will likely purchase. Tire pressure sensors are nice but in my experience hit or miss.

I also noticed that about 50% of the time, when I open the trunk (OK, boot), the fuel filler lid opens too (3 out of 6 - small sample size). Is this an indicator that the gas strut is shot? Is this the expected failure mode?

At any rate, I’m sure I’ll have additional questions as the days go on. I plan on driving this car regularly so I will be taking advantage of the group’s knowledge and experience on a regular basis!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:01 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Congrats Don, looks the goods

Enjoy

Graeme

Old 06-11-2018, 06:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
TPMS in my Astons were dead on. Every car I have had shipped to me came with under inflated tires. Not sure if they do that on purpose or not?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
My TPMS are still good but sitting on a shelf, they were in my other wheels when I had these put on the car and just never bothered. The defeat works great, but will put my sensors back in when I put PS4's on it.

Congrats, rain won't hurt the car any more than a wash will

Laisser les bons temps rouler!

Old 06-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Thanks, guys

Still miserable weather here so not driving much as yet. Sitting in garage with top down learning controls and such. I did confirm that my tire pressures are normal (~33 F / 36 R?) so next step I guess is to disconnect tire pressure monitoring system and see what happens...

Fuel filler panel sproinged open while driving today so definitely something is going on... no obvious interference with rear lid as Rich opined. Panel and adjacent bodywork look fairly square and uniform but perhaps there is something misaligned. Definitely NOT a case of stuck mechanism!

i did learn something new today from forum - I have the remote folding mirrors, which is kinda cool...

Thanks to those who have responded.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Tpms

Disconnected and still received error/warning, so I ordered Rich’s defeat hack. Should arrive Saturday so I can address issue and get car inspected.