Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My '09 V8VR is AWAKE!

Old 06-14-2018, 12:48 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
My '09 V8VR is AWAKE!

Picked up my 2009 V8VR today from Jason Pannell and all I can say is … WOW I am happy! :-)

First a huge shout out and recommendation for Jason Pannell. He loves his business, he knows his stuff and is a perfectionist, and he's just a really good guy. If you are looking for an Atlanta area indie shop for Aston, Lotus or something else fun … definitely give him a call: http://pannellmotorcars.com/

Second shout out and recommendation is for Stuart at VAP for working with Jason and getting all the parts here. At this point, my car has most of what VAP offers:
  • 2 Piece Wilwood Rotors
  • Power Pack Upgrade (without Exhaust)
    - Headers
    - Sport Cats
    - Air Filters
    - ECU Tune
  • VAP Dual Clutch
I also had Jason repair a timing cover leak and install the light weight battery from Richard @ Redpants

Now that it's all done, I can say this is the power that the V8V should have come with. It's a very different and very fun car. The clutch is very light and going to take some getting used to (yes, I did stall it on the first drive). The car's new sound with the headers & sport cats is a bit higher pitch but sounds really good, its a bit raspy when I get on it > 3500rpms, and it is definitely louder.

All in all, I love it!

Last edited by patrija; 06-14-2018 at 12:52 PM.