Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help 07 DB9

Old 06-17-2018, 04:51 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Man, you seem to have the worst luck with your DB9. You've got far more than your fair share of problems over the years. Sounds like you ended up with a bad ground somewhere due to the rain. Guess you could try applying a blow dryer underneath the dash area to see if you can get the PATS to respond.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:31 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I think the problem is when they replaced the windshield, they did not seal it right.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:37 PM
And yes, I have had a lot of bad luck and the car was not well taken care of by the last owner.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:42 PM
So an update, car is going back to Dimmit, as they installed the windshield.

So we will see what happens.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Is this the windshield it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't broken on delivery?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:07 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
<<Can you start a car with a tender hooked up?>>
Not that this is likely to help, but yes you can. I know this because I have driven off with mine still plugged in to the connector (fortunately with no damage to the car).

Old 06-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Is this the windshield it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't broken on delivery?
Yes, Dimmit and Safelite have been problems for me.

I wanted Aston Martin of Orlando to work on it, but USAA said I would have to pay for it myself if I did that.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:21 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Well that's an Aston problem if they can't be bothered to crate a $5000 windshield, but for that to possibly result in this is an extra sore point!

Old 06-20-2018, 07:30 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by randyb
Yes, Dimmit and Safelite have been problems for me.

I wanted Aston Martin of Orlando to work on it, but USAA said I would have to pay for it myself if I did that.
I highly recommend Aston of Orlando. Don Byrd the SA is a real good guy

Old 06-22-2018, 09:24 AM
So after losing my paper work and telling me twice they were on their way to pickup my car, they finally picked it up Tuesday. Called me and told me my battery was dead and I told them it was brand new and I had picked it up Monday. Come to find out they had not reconnected the battery.

Now they are charging a fully charged battery, so my faith in them finding and solving the problem is low.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Thought I would give everyone an update, my opinion of Dimmit is now at an all time low. They keep saying they are working on the car, but the last tech note is from the day they received the car. When they came and picked up the car, I had dipped the windows to let the car dry out and disconnected the battery. I left the seat off so they would see this, but they didn't and told me my brand NEW battery was bad. Once I told them the battery was disconnected, they told me the windows had auto dipped and rain had come through there and caused the problems, I had to tell 3 different people I had lowered the windows to let the car air out and that would not explain the water under the dash. Everyone tells me they will call on such and such day, but they never do. Only saving grace is that I have a loaner car from them. Oh and they told me the windshield does not leak, but cannot explain how water got to the electronics under the dash. Just think they are trying to cover their butts.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by randyb
Just think they are trying to cover their butts.
You need a circus tent to cover an *** that big. Sorry you're going thru this.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:13 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Good God man, buy a battery load meter and check it out........You're just guessing at things here.....They're cheap......Get that car away from those dimwits......It's USUALLY something simple.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by DonBond
Good God man, buy a battery load meter and check it out........You're just guessing at things here.....They're cheap......Get that car away from those dimwits......It's USUALLY something simple.
The water got into the electronics and unfortunately the insurance company is not going to let me change shops, as Dimmit is responsible for fixing the car, unless I pay for it myself.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Dimmit called me today and told me the front and rear roof seals need to be replaced and doors disassembled to reset door modules and interior needs to be removed to check for mold to the tune of $10-13,000 and that doesn't include figuring out what is wrong. That is just to fix the leaks and they still can't tell me how water got into the dash or why the car went through a hurricane with no leaks and suddenly developed a leak after they replaced the windshield.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help 07 DB9