Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Superleggera Revealed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:20 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
DBS Superleggera Revealed

So, the car is out....the pictures are on the site.

Curious to hear what others think. For me, it's too much DB11.

My Vanquish was always unique in styling vs. the DB9. To me, this looks like a body kit on a DB11.

Motor is probably a beast, but I think I'm keeping the Vanquish.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:50 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Agreed Vanquish is its own animal...

But visually the last DBS was a bumper mod of the DB9 right? Same here.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:55 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
Agreed Vanquish is its own animal...

But visually the last DBS was a bumper mod of the DB9 right? Same here.
Somehow the DBS had a bit more of a distinguished look vs. the DB9 when you saw it. It was instantly recognizable. Hopefully that's the case with this car too.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think DBS/9 difference is any more pronounced than DBS/11. And Vanquish comparison has to be to the DBS, not the DB9, since the Vanquish was its replacement.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 06-26-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:46 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
if your not a traditionalist like I am, and by traditionalist I mean, was making more than your DR office/hr at the track so ignore my age, AM took major dump a few yrs ago. anyone buying a new one better be making two commas a yr, otherwise be in the illicit trade beaus eveyrhtings taking a bigger turn down than ever before........

ugh. *******, well, everything today...

btw, if you compare the VANQUISH to anything other than a vanquish, your wrong, and if AM is doing it shame on them and double shame on you. thats brand bastardization 101 for you and *** off. DB9 is a bmw/merc opponent for those that said I cant be caught dead seen in that peasants car, a Vanquish I for those that wear 50grand "FU" AP's and have more than one 100ft yacht. DB or vantage series is for the bank managers, the VQ is for those under investigation and inditment.

arrogant? well this is the brits aventador superveloce x10. so pack it and drive your beer cold

summarize a Vanquish isnt an AM..... its on another level. every other DB is for the plebeians. but those are good to! I stilll need a DBS to use as a beater!

Last edited by GCBC; 06-26-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:10 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I like it! Reminds me of a Zagato in many ways. Will be a fantastic buy when it depreciates 40% in 2 years ;-)

Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
this guy seems to have all the newest aston martin news, and he's not very annoying for a youtuber so there's that

jeez 0-100MPH in 6.4 seconds

900nm torque
700hp
wew

Last edited by sonies; 06-27-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants
The DB11/DBS similarity is exactly the same as the DB9/DBS similarity before them. I'm not surprised at all since it's business as usual for AML.
This DBS is only a "replacement" for the Vanquish in that the DBS takes over as the top-tier front-engine Aston Martin. The next Vanquish will be entirely different - it'll be a rear-mid engine car built to compete with Ferrari and McLaren's rear-mid engine cars.
Aston Martin is splitting their range (front- and rear-mid engines) and diversifying them:
Vantage: small twin-turbo V8 sports car
Vantage AMR*: small twin-turbo V12 sports car
DB11: big twin-turbo V8 GT volante
DB11 AMR: big twin-turbo V12 GT coupe
DBS: big twin-turbo V12 super-GT
Vanquish: rear-mid engine slotted well below Valkyrie
Valkyrie: rear-mid engine hyper car
Plus the DBX crossover/small SUV, and what I'm predicting will be a full-size SUV to compete with Range Rover, Bentley, and Rolls Royce SUVs.
*Hasn't been announced yet, but I'm betting the next V12 Vantage will be called Vantage AMR, just as the V12-engine DB11 is now the DB11 AMR.
I see same alignment when I look at their current portfolio and like all the models currently released.

You did not mention Rapide or whatever it is to replace it.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Just in case you guys are already thinking about how to modify it. We certainly are

HRE P201's

Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Redpants
Ah forgot about that. If AML is sticking to their guns, the DBX and RapidE would be Lagonda vehicles, since both are supposedly going to be electric and Lagonda is supposed to become the electric-car division of AML.
yes the Lagonda is definitely known for its electrical prowess

Old 06-27-2018, 12:43 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Looks like someone tried to get the AMR style grill on the new DBS via vinyl wrap on this v12vs xD

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...lCode1=V12VANT

Old 06-27-2018, 12:46 PM
I hope thats vinyl... easy to remove LOL

Old 06-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sonies
this guy seems to have all the newest aston martin news, and he's not very annoying for a youtuber so there's that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=divzeUm9Tlc

jeez 0-100MPH in 6.4 seconds

900nm torque
700hp
wew
Ok, I have been a supporter of some of the new design theme.
I like the DB 11, The Vantage is growing on me (Grill still a little odd). But this DBS, is way cool. Still not crazy about the interior, but I will wait and see.
Ron

Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
I love the forged carbon bits on the interior just like the Huracan Performante

Wish more carbon vendors would offer that instead of traditional twill

Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The only forged Carbon is on the exterior, the stuff inside is that messy chopped CF, which looks pretty cheap IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DBS Superleggera Revealed