Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage V8 on DBS Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 AM
Benson9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vantage V8 on DBS Wheels

Hello,
I have found a few threads relating to this subject, however still being undecided, I would appreciate if you could post all your pictures of your Vantage V8 on DBS Wheels
Thanxs

Old 03-29-2021, 08:44 AM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about

Day 1.

Here's a pic from the day I brought mine home. I certainly have better/newer ones, but I'm at work and I only have a few pics on this machine... Honestly, the ride is pretty harsh. I'd like to drive one with the original 19" on it to see the difference. I also plan on having these darkened at some point. The bright silver is a little too much contrast with a black car for me.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:50 AM
Hi, thanxs for your pic.
How harsh are we talking ? like really harsh ?
Were they a straight bolt on job ? with the OEM nuts ?
What tyre specs do you use 245/35 & 295/30 ?
Have you thought on placing some lowering spring like H&R ?
Do you regret your choice ?
Thanxs

Old 03-29-2021, 09:25 AM
VegasFerrariLVR is an unknown quantity at this point
We fitted the OEM wheels from my 2009 DBS on my brothers 2007 V8 Vantage just to check the fit and see how it looked. They look amazing, probably should have been fitted to the car from new! No issues at all using the factory tire sizes.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:34 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
I have 20's on my 2013 V8 Vantage, ( DB9 wheels) straight bolt on, no issues at all, running 305 in rear & 255 in fronts. Also have Velocity springs which lowered 3/4 inch.
Love the stance & ride is good. Obviously if you have more rubber on 19's it'll be more smoother on bumpy roads.

all corners,

Old 03-29-2021, 09:52 AM
nice wheels dude

Old 03-29-2021, 09:57 AM
VegasFerrariLVR is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are near Las Vegas, come on by and we will bolt up my old DBS wheels so you can see what they look like in person. (I am selling them- now have a 2015 Vanquish, so no need)

Old 03-29-2021, 09:58 AM
Thanxs man but I am on another continent

Old 03-30-2021, 02:36 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I also have 20's on my Vantage... if this was a daily driver, I'd probably go back to my 19" sport pack wheels but for weekends it's a nice ride and I like the wider stance

Old 03-31-2021, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Benson9
Hi, thanxs for your pic.
How harsh are we talking ? like really harsh ?
Were they a straight bolt on job ? with the OEM nuts ?
What tyre specs do you use 245/35 & 295/30 ?
Have you thought on placing some lowering spring like H&R ?
Do you regret your choice ?
Thanxs
No lowering springs on mine. Never considered it and never will because I have curbs and things I need to drive over and I'd like to keep the skid plates and side sills as damage free as possible. I once saw a review on YouTube that said that Aston managed to make a sports car that looks like it's on the ground but feels like it has the clearance of a Land Rover. That's pretty much been my experience so I don't see any need to muck with something that's great already.

The 20" DBS wheels were on the car when I bought it. They look good for the most part, but I just have the sneaking suspicion that I'm feeling every little bump more than I probably would with the original 19's on it. They are a straight-up bolt-on and she's got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S shoes on at 245/35 front and 295/30 rear as you thought.

I'm not going to change them at this point, but I think I would have been perfectly fine with the standard 19" wheels as well. The ride is bound to be a bit better, and the rubber is definitely cheaper with more options from what I can tell.

YMMV. Best of luck with whatever route you choose. Either way you shoe it, they're an awesome ride...

Old 03-31-2021, 02:44 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ashman_E

Day 1.

Here's a pic from the day I brought mine home. I certainly have better/newer ones, but I'm at work and I only have a few pics on this machine... Honestly, the ride is pretty harsh. I'd like to drive one with the original 19" on it to see the difference. I also plan on having these darkened at some point. The bright silver is a little too much contrast with a black car for me.
That’s my old car. It still looks beautiful. It looks like you are taking good care of it. I’m considering buying another V8 vantage. I sold my green one, but I miss having a Vantage.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:10 AM
MAUMAU is an unknown quantity at this point
MRCW -

Your Vantage looks stunning, especially the rear quarter view which showcases the 20” wheels.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
I sold my green one, but I miss having a Vantage.
You sold your green one! I thought you'd have that forever.

The black beauty is going in for PPF on the entire front clip and some paint correction here soon. Definitely keeping her in good shape though. I have a feeling that I'll own her until I'm too rickety to get in and out of it.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:17 AM
lenny1974 is on a distinguished road

This is my 2006 Vantage on the 20" winter DBS alloys !! I love them until it comes to cleaning them, they're a nightmare to get in between all the spokes. I've stuck some michelin PS 4S tyres and they're awesome.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by lenny1974
...they're a nightmare to get in between all the spokes.
I second that. I finally found a little tiny brush that came with a cooking baster that's about the right size to get in there. Something like this...

Amazon Amazon

PITA though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage V8 on DBS Wheels