Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Surprisingly good BT audio solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Surprisingly good BT audio solution

On a bit of a lark, I bought a bluetooth to radio dongle for my 2007 Vantage. I was shocked at how good the sound quality is.

This may be a good solution for those (like me) who don't have the newer system that can be used with the Bovee connection.

17$ at Amazon....

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-02-2018, 08:13 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I bought the exact same one a few months ago. And very much so agree the sound quality is far better than I would have thought. Very happy with the inexpensive solution. I added a switched cigarette lighter adapter under the dash so its completely out of the way.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:31 AM
geodavky is an unknown quantity at this point
Does it connect automatically every time you start up or does it require pairing? Also does it connect to the last station us d or must that be set again?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
It pairs automatically to my iphone. You have to choose a radio frequency to transmit on - I set a preset so it's quick to choose.

Matt

Old 04-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
If you have the iPhone plug in the middle console, Bovee plug is the way to go.

Works great!

Old 04-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Mine is a 2006 so no plug. It does have the Bluetooth phone so the Bovee should work, but I have not had a reply yet from Bovee.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Got mine today from Amazon. Where do you put your iPhone while driving?

Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
I normally just stick it in the door pocket. Not an ideal situation, but not too bad if I resist the temptation to pick it up. As well, the forward and reverse buttons on the bluetooth widget work with spotify, so less need to pick up the phone.

The only real downside is that I have to leave the door over the cigarettes lighter open to clear the top of the bluetooth - It just hits my arm when I have my hand on the gear leaver, which is a slightly annoying. I've also just put it in the rear power socket (in the trunk), and that works fine as well.

Matt

Old 04-07-2019, 07:33 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Got this but having an issue - how do you manually set the radio station on the Aston and on the device? trying to get them to sync up on the same station

Old 04-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Manually tune your radio to a spot with no station (FM) by using the **** on the right side of the radio. Push the button on the side of the device to tune to the frequency displayed on the radio.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:41 AM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Got pictures?

Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
I bought the exact same one a few months ago. And very much so agree the sound quality is far better than I would have thought. Very happy with the inexpensive solution. I added a switched cigarette lighter adapter under the dash so its completely out of the way.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by E5PR1T
Got pictures?
Unfortunately no picts... But this is pretty simple. On Amazon pick up a female cigarette lighter power supply.
Amazon Amazon

I believe I tapped into to the existing switched cigarette lighter wire under the dash. Check the fuse panel and see what wire colors you are looking for. I'd have to pull this all apart to verify. I did manually solder and shrink tube all the new connections. Don't use just electrical tape to cover your automotive splices. (gets hot, falls off)

The transmitter is simple. Tune to a blank FM radio station on the transmitter with the up/down buttons, manually put the radio on the same station. Pair the Bluetooth with your phone. Works perfectly. It turns on when you start the car, says 'waiting for pairing' through the stereo.. then says.. 'paired' when connected. And my iPhone automatically starts playing right were I left off.

The female cigarette extension and the transmitter are tucked behind the carpet essentially to the right of the driver's right shin. Mine has apparently fallen down in there and I wasn't able to easily dig it out for a photo.

Great set up for the money for older cars.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 04-09-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Will try it out...wonder how it works with the phone also being connected to the car's bluetooth phone setup?

Old 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by got one
Will try it out...wonder how it works with the phone also being connected to the car's bluetooth phone setup?
For the money, just try it out in a regular cig lighter outlet in the car. The trunk is always on or I'd have used that. Hardwire if you like it.
It should pair fine with the car for phone use. But I found my 2006 Bluetooth quality lacking. I just stick in one apple airpod instead if I need to take a call.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:24 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by got one
I manually set the bluetooth unit for audio/media only. The car's bluetooth is connected for phone only. I was able to do this in Android

Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
Unfortunately no picts... But this is pretty simple. On Amazon pick up a female cigarette lighter power supply.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQMQL9L..._nvnRCbDNCA5P9

I believe I tapped into to the existing switched cigarette lighter wire under the dash. Check the fuse panel and see what wire colors you are looking for. I'd have to pull this all apart to verify. I did manually solder and shrink tube all the new connections. Don't use just electrical tape to cover your automotive splices. (gets hot, falls off)
The transmitter is simple. Tune to a blank FM radio station on the transmitter with the up/down buttons, manually put the radio on the same station. Pair the Bluetooth with your phone. Works perfectly. It turns on when you start the car, says 'waiting for pairing' through the stereo.. then says.. 'paired' when connected. And my iPhone automatically starts playing right were I left off.

The female cigarette extension and the transmitter are tucked behind the carpet essentially to the right of the driver's right shin. Mine has apparently fallen down in there and I wasn't able to easily dig it out for a photo.

Great set up for the money for older cars.
Does the female cig lighter come with a switch? I had a different unit, but it seems like the power is always on even with the car off. The photo was taken when the car was off, and it still displays battery voltage. I thought it's on constantly so I unplug the FM unit every time I switch off the car.