Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Considering a 2014 Vanquish

Old 07-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Considering a 2014 Vanquish

I love my Aston V8 Vantage. So I’m considering buying a 2014 Vanquish. I’ll be keeping the Vantage. What does everyone think of the Vanquish? I have never even seen one in person. All I have seen is pictures and videos. From what I have gathered it is more of a GT car rather than a hard edge sports car.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:01 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I love the last Vanquish design with the integrated rear spoiler. It's got beautiful lines, but I don't like that front splitter and almost every one I've seen has been chewed up by parking bumpers, and probably left because I think they're $6 grand to replace. It is a bigger car but it's got a lower stance, or looks like it does anyway.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gene G
I love my Aston V8 Vantage. So I’m considering buying a 2014 Vanquish. I’ll be keeping the Vantage. What does everyone think of the Vanquish? I have never even seen one in person. All I have seen is pictures and videos. From what I have gathered it is more of a GT car rather than a hard edge sports car.

oh man its freakin sweet, you'll love it

Old 07-02-2018, 07:15 PM
sam i am will become famous soon enough
A good friend of mine has a '16, I'd look for a '15 if possible, that's the first year of the 8-speed auto. Otherwise, they're gorgeous. The exhaust note on cold start is..... yes.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Once you start driving a Vanquish, I think you'll not drive the Vantage very often. Don't feel like you need the 8 speed, the 6 is plenty fine and can be had for quite a bit less than the 8.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought 2016 was the first year of the 8 speed?

Old 07-03-2018, 09:05 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Love the Vanquish body lines and carbon fiber panels are just lovely. Totally love the rear wing. Similarly styled (and like just as much) as the Evora's rear wing. Interior on the Vanquish is really over the top with the million point stitching.

I would go for Vanquish (or DB11) if I were to trade in the Rapide.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I’m considering a 2014 Vanquish with 3400 miles on it with a 1 year warranty and a 2016 DB9 GT with 6000 miles on it with a year and a half left on its warranty. Both cars are at Aston Martin dealers. The Vanquish is black and the DB9 is gray. Any opinions on either? The Vanquish is at Washington DC Aston and the DB9 is at Aston of Dallas.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:07 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Im more af a DB9 fan over the Vanquish. Personally i like the look of the 2013 + cars. They are incredible looking vehicles and more "classic" Astons in my opinion (and seem to be more reasonably priced used). Im not as big a fan of the integrated spoiler on the Vanquish. If it were my choice, id go with the DB9. But, we all have differing tastes and opinions - either way, you CANT go wrong with either car!!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Gene

the Vanquish is on my futures list - only downside in the one you describe is the black - lots of work to keep clean

stunning car & will always be the top of the range (at that time) which the DB9 wont be

good luck with whatever you decide

Graze

Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If it matters, the Vanquish has more legroom making it more comfortable to drive (and getting in/out). I assume the 14 Vanq is close in price to the 16 GT, so the Vanq will be a better long term purchase, having already done the most of its depreciation.

Personally, I'd never buy black anything, other than that it's the Vanquish every time.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I’m considering a 2014 Vanquish with 3400 miles on it with a 1 year warranty and a 2016 DB9 GT with 6000 miles on it with a year and a half left on its warranty. Both cars are at Aston Martin dealers. The Vanquish is black and the DB9 is gray. Any opinions on either? The Vanquish is at Washington DC Aston and the DB9 is at Aston of Dallas.
If I were you I'd go with the vanquish, will probably hold its value better its more sporty and engaging where the DB9 is just a cruiser... which interior do you like better? They both have the same transmission right? Graziano single clutch? Vanquish doesn't use ASM3 does it?

Old 07-11-2018, 08:48 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a dark blue coupe at the dealer in Toronto and it was a looker for sure but like they mention above you will not drive that Vantage anymore...

Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 AM
good god man that vanquish is gorgeous
https://www.astonmartinwashingtondc....uish-c-996.htm

so is the DB9GT
https://www.astonmartindallas.com/ve...tx-id-13503567

I would still go Vanquish, its just a much more special car

Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
2+0 vs: 2+2

If I'm not mistaken, it appears that the 2014 Vanquish seating is 2+0 and the DB9 is 2+2.

FYI, there is a 2015 Vanquish Carbon Volante available at Los Gatos Aston Martin-some additional interior pictures are available of the 2+2 Vanquish seating.

+1 for the Vanquish-you can always wrap it if you don't like black...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering a 2014 Vanquish