Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Considering a 2014 Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 AM
ntlr will become famous soon enoughntlr will become famous soon enough
Definitely the Vanquish everyday. I'd suggest trying the 6-speed and 8-speed back to back (2014 vs. 2015+) to see whether you would be happy with the 6-speed. The interior of the Vanquish really does feel more special than the DB9.

The only downside I see with the Vanquish you're looking at is the color - I personally refuse to buy black cars because of the amount of work needed to keep them clean (they look great when they're clean, but I think my OCD would take over).

Old 07-11-2018, 02:41 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Which one has 3 pedals?

Old 07-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
Love the interior and the lines of the Vanquish. But black cars are a nightmare.

But it's like a choice between Pam Anderson and Carmen Electra. I think you will be happy either way.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Carmen Electra. Less aftermarket parts.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:52 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
If I were you I'd go with the vanquish, will probably hold its value better its more sporty and engaging where the DB9 is just a cruiser... which interior do you like better? They both have the same transmission right? Graziano single clutch? Vanquish doesn't use ASM3 does it?
No, ZF auto 6 or 8, depending on year.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Black doesn’t bother me. I’m a bit of a Concours nut and have had several black cars. Having an air conditioned garage makes taking car of them a lot easier. My first Aston was a black V8 Vantage and the Vantage I have now is dark green. My still all time favorite car is black and still looks like the day it was made. It now has 8000 miles on it and has never been in the rain. Thanks for all the opinions.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BBC47A82-9EC7-4E28-A32B-DF5EB6BC8F79.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	934.4 KB
ID:	528629  
Old 07-11-2018, 07:18 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
I have a black V8V.... its getting wrapped right now... i couldn't take it anymore.... it looks amazing when clean, but its such a short lived euphoria

Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BDubbs
I have a black V8V.... its getting wrapped right now... i couldn't take it anymore.... it looks amazing when clean, but its such a short lived euphoria

lol, same

would be different if I could wash it myself too...

Old 07-11-2018, 10:42 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Back to the original post.... after reading all the comments on the Vanquish, i would have to agree... for some reason i like the DB9 look better, but the Vanquish, being a top line vehicle would be a better buy for the long term and its an incredible vehicle. Dont get me wrong, i love all Astons, but have a soft spot for the DB9.