Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Price for clutch replacement 08 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Price for clutch replacement 08 Vantage

My buddy needs a new clutch - the dealer Morries said $9500 installed for the old clutch -seems rip-off pricing. I said what about the new clutch, which apparently Morries does not know of the AMR...

...I thought the AMR was about the same price as the old clutch, and one installed should be $6500+/-...

Any thoughts?

Old 07-04-2018, 03:06 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Fwiw, at my Aston dealer in Orlando FL I was quoted $3300 for base clutch. ASM V8V 2009

Old 07-04-2018, 04:04 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Park Place Aston Martin quoted me $7k for either the original or AMR clutch. I had the AMR done for about $5500 through Redpants and an indy mechanic. It seems that the AMR clutch is now hard to come by, at least outside of the dealer.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Newport Beach used to have a service special listed on the site at iirc $3500 for stock but the page is being updated.

I believe book says labor is 9.5 hours at whatever the dealers hourly so if it's $200 it's around $2k with tax for the installation plus the parts, and that's where some dealers bite hard, and some don't, Orland vs. Morries. Some dealers quotes just can't be justified.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 07-04-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:01 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Also you need to ask what they include... Is it just the friction plate, flywheel, etc...

Old 07-09-2018, 08:20 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Shooting from the hip, $3500 is hard to believe. Mazel tov to them if that's true. They deserve all the praise if they can do it for that.

How much are parts? My local dealer is $150 an hour.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The UK indi is 750pound on the 4.7 clutch, it doesn't include the slave which AM recommends be replaced at the same time. Higher from your dealer of course.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:51 PM
JPannell is an unknown quantity at this point
I normally charge around 3600 including labor with stock AM disc and Pressure plate, machine the flywheel and replace the slave cylinder. Flush hydraulic system for manual car , or bleed and set up ASM values on Sportshift, In Atlanta

Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Another price point: I had the VelocityAP ASM Uprated Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel installed by Aston Martin of Washington, DC for ~$4,500 last year. I had the VelocityAP 200 Cell Sports Cats installed at the same time FOR FREE -- since the stock cats have to be removed for the clutch install, I had them install the new VAP cats instead of reinstalling the old stock cats.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
Another price point: I had the VelocityAP ASM Uprated Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel installed by Aston Martin of Washington, DC for ~$4,500 last year. I had the VelocityAP 200 Cell Sports Cats installed at the same time FOR FREE -- since the stock cats have to be removed for the clutch install, I had them install the new VAP cats instead of reinstalling the old stock cats.
They hit me over the head with a really high quote also. I had mine installed at Summit AM for $2k, then they hit me for all the niggles I had them sort out and the full 6 year service.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by JPannell
I normally charge around 3600 including labor with stock AM disc and Pressure plate, machine the flywheel and replace the slave cylinder. Flush hydraulic system for manual car , or bleed and set up ASM values on Sportshift, In Atlanta

thus is good. .i went back and checked my quote from Aston Orlando... the slave cylinder was optional (said, 'if needed...') was another $900.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My friend who has a 2008 Sportshift was told by the dealer that the new twin plate clutch would not fit that car - he's having it transported instead to Napleton in Chicago... will update as to what's happening.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:57 AM
The AMR Clutch - that will fit on a 2008 Sportshift Vantage?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:05 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Aston says no. AP Velocity twin does. And it's a good kit.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Aston says no. AP Velocity twin does. And it's a good kit.
this is correct. According b to my Aston dealer the AMR clutch only fits manual cars not ASM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price for clutch replacement 08 Vantage