Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2015-17 V12 Vantage S performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 11:23 AM
xepha is an unknown quantity at this point
2015-17 V12 Vantage S performance upgrades

I want to take a V12 VS and make it sharper. If anyone knows anything about that, I'd love to hear it. I know that _MANY_ owners are very happy with the performance of their V12VS, and that to them this discussion might seem wrongheaded. I'd ask that those people hold their fire. I definitely don't think that our differing interests imply that they are wrong.

So far here's what I know about:
  1. I've heard that AM works will do a 'power pack' for the V12 Vantage S, which brings engine output up to the level of the GT12/Vanquish S (that is, to 595 peak horsepower). This is via an improved intake manifold, and an improved exhaust. I am not clear on whether the exhaust improvements are cat-back, or whether the headers are also improved. If anyone knows that'd be great to hear.
  2. I've seen Bamford Rose's primary cat delete headers, coupled to their high flow secondary cat system. I've never seen dyno results on the extent of improvement, but I've seen them claim it is worth as much as 50 HP (crank).
  3. I heard something in BR's promotional material talking about a slightly more aggressive cam, but it was an offhand mention in a youtube video.
  4. I wrote this post a while back and got some helpful responses on whether there was a way to improve traction by upgrading the differential.
I don't read about alternative suspension set-ups or weight reduction options at all, although I think if you're willing to ship the car back to Britain their works department might offer something on this front? When I reached out to the works department a while back they said they could change springs/dampers, but weren't really specific on the options available. I've not really even heard about alternative lightened wheel setups. I've never read about anyone talking about a built motor that allows for higher redlines (I think the rods in the AM28 are sintered IIRC, and the crankshaft isn't optimized to spin faster than they allow it either). I've _never_ heard of someone putting ITBs in one, though I suppose the hood clearance is so low that might just be a space thing.

Perhaps most significantly, for me, I don't think I've heard of anyone doing any of this work in North America (with the exception of HCF from the differential post mentioned in point 4).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:24 AM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
I don't believe anyone should be offended by your inquiries, but I get where you are coming from.

Given your comment about work in North America, you should definitely check out this link: https://www.velocityap.com/product/aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-rapide-vanquish-my-2015-2017-power-pack/

Hopefully helpful. Best of luck in your quest.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-04-2022 at 04:31 PM.