6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Georgia and surrounding area Aston Owners drive event set up (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/422187-georgia-surrounding-area-aston-owners-drive-event-set-up.html)

JPannell 07-09-2018 07:53 PM

Georgia and surrounding area Aston Owners drive event set up

Hey guys I’ve had a few Aston Martin owners that want me to set up a drive event so I’m organizing a meet up and drive with the Lotus owners group also and thought it would be great to combine Lotus and Aston owners (let me know if you guys want a strictly Aston only event and I’ll do one for each brand, but the Lotus guys are good with combining) I am planning on meeting at the shop (Pannell Motorcars) on the morning for a bit of coffee and breakfast then leaving out as a group for some lunch and any favorite adventure you guys want to get into. No dates set in stone yet I really would like to have as many Aston owners as we can get to come out, so if there are dates that work or don’t work just let me know and we can try to work around schedules so everyone can join. Also open to any events or destination you guys wanna do. It’s a open discussion at this point for the next week or so then we can start to narrow it down. So lets all join in and make it a epic event. Possible even Annual event if the interest it there.
Thanks
Jason Pannell

Vantagedude 07-10-2018 05:32 AM

I'm in. Most any weekend is good with me.

Scott

davidm17 07-10-2018 11:27 AM

Sounds fun. The more the merrier and mingling with the Lotus people will just make it better. Some sort of loop through the mountains is always a nice drive. End up in Dahlonega or Helen. Could visit Brasstown bald or some other park as a mid-drive stop. The weather will be key as nobody wants to do a drive in the rain.

There's an SCCA weekend at Road Atlanta the last weekend of this month that I'll likely be going to. If anybody wants to spectate on some local racing it's open to spectators; you'll have to pay to get in. It'll probably be hard to get a weekend where everybody is free so likely will have to set a date and hopefully most people can make it.

David

davidm17 07-13-2018 02:30 PM

Bump so maybe some other people will respond.

Mike Gray 07-13-2018 04:31 PM

David:

Thanks for bumping this thread - I'd missed it.

I am absolutely in for a weekend drive and would welcome the Lotus folks to the party. Thanks for your efforts in trying to set this up, Jason. After next weekend, most any time would work for me.

Regards,
Mike

patrija 07-13-2018 09:02 PM

I’d be in! And yes, the more the merrier!

Z71TahoeEX 07-13-2018 11:51 PM

I’m down just not trying to do 3-400 miles round trip from buckhead lol. I baby mine

shootermcgav1n 07-14-2018 01:24 PM

i'd be interested in something mid Aug or later. this next month is shot for me.

Montana107 07-17-2018 02:01 AM

Thanks for organizing! I would be interested as well - I need to come over for a service at your shop anyway -

superuser 07-18-2018 04:57 PM

If I am in town and don't have a kids soccer game happening I am in, would love to take a trip up the mountains too!

Cheers,
Daryl

vagabundo94 08-17-2018 06:53 PM

I’m brand new to this forum and ownership of an Aston Martin. In fact, possession of the DB9 I just purchased hasn’t even happened yet. It’s being shipped to me and should arrive by the end of the month.

All that to say, I’m in, if this thing hasn’t already happened and won’t happen before my car gets here!

davidm17 08-20-2018 02:27 PM

Welcome to ownership. There hasn't been any more discussion on this since the original posting. Anybody ever talk to Jason?

Labor day weekend would be bad, but seems like weekends after that would work. Leaf peeper season can get really crowded in the mountains so if that was the plan don't want to wait too long.

Z71TahoeEX 08-20-2018 04:42 PM

I could do sometime over Labor Day weekend... not Saturday.