Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dashboad mat cover- Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Sleestak is on a distinguished road
Dashboad mat cover- Vantage

I am looking for a dashboard cover to prevent sun damage and leather shrinkage while driving in the sun. Anybody know where I can find one even if custom made?

Here's my fix because I am so cool!!!

2007 V8 Vantage.

Thanks

Attached Images  

Last edited by Sleestak; 07-17-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I tinted my windshields with clear and protects most all UV

Old 07-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
I got mine from California Car Cover. https://www.calcarcover.com/dash-covers
Very nice, foldable sunscreen with a vinyl storage pouch. Fits great on the parcel shelf behind the seats.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-15-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Gray
I got mine from California Car Cover. Very nice, foldable sunscreen with a vinyl storage pouch. Fits great on the parcel shelf behind the seats.

Do have a pic? I called them and they don't carry it.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-15-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
I tinted my windshields with clear and protects most all UV

That's pretty good but doesn't protect against heat I don't think.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:43 PM
OP: My car is at off-site storage and I am getting ready to go on vacation, so I can't get you a photo. Also, I didn't save my California Car Cover invoice.

My other windshield sun screens are by Covercraft. But when I called I was told that Covercraft did not make screens for Astons and another company was recommended. Here's the link for the sun screen I ordered. Same construction as the Covercraft screens. Still shows AM Vantage availability: https://www.calcarcover.com/product/ultimate-reflector-custom-folding-sun-shade/1312

Hope this helps.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:06 PM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
I have the windshield cover that is identical to the calcarcover product, but I bought mine from Covercraft a few years ago. It is custom made for the Vantage and fits snugly, so that all sunlight is kept out except for a tad around the rearview mirror cutout. It really is a great windshield cover, and well worth the money, but it won't be much good to the OP who wants to protect the dash from heat shrinkage "while driving in the sun" unless he also installs a periscope.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sleestak
That's pretty good but doesn't protect against heat I don't think.
its a bit confusing what you're asking for...with a 'windshield cover' you fold up and put up when parked... you can't drive around...

a dash cover covers the actual dash of the car while you can actually drive. . it doesn't cover the windshield.

of you are asking for the former, they are pretty common and under $50 bucks.

BTW the clear film stops about 40% of heat gain...i use a 'windshield cover' when i park the car in the sun

Old 07-14-2018, 07:08 AM
^^^ Ah, yes. I was confused by the OP's request. Sounds like he is looking for a carpet dash cover that he can leave on the dash while driving - not a windshield sunscreen. Can't help with that.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
its a bit confusing what you're asking for...with a 'windshield cover' you fold up and put up when parked... you can't drive around...

a dash cover covers the actual dash of the car while you can actually drive. . it doesn't cover the windshield.

of you are asking for the former, they are pretty common and under $50 bucks.

BTW the clear film stops about 40% of heat gain...i use a 'windshield cover' when i park the car in the sun
Whats confusing about my OP? I never said anything about a windshield cover! Re-read my post!

Old 07-14-2018, 04:53 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You could try contacting dashcare.com they manufacture dash covers. No listing for AM cars but they may consider making one for you if you ask. The only problem I can see is how it would work for the center console area. It would most likely be a 2pc.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Whats confusing about my OP? I never said anything about a windshield cover! Re-read my post!
Forget it...

good luck

Old 07-14-2018, 08:32 PM
divetheworld is on a distinguished road
Not a dash cover, but if you do ever need a windscreen cover......

Old 07-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Yeah, he was asking about a DASHBOAD MAT not a SUNSCREAM

But seriously Mr Sleestak, a little civility por favor.

I've seen people covering their center console in a matte carbon or black wrap and have considered that for the glare. As to dash covers as long as it wasn't some type of carpet looking thing I might be interested too.

Last edited by Old phart; 07-15-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Old phart
Quote:

Yeah, he was asking about a DASHBOAD MAT not a SUNSCREAM

But seriously Mr Sleestak, a little civility por favor.

I've seen people covering their center console in a matte carbon or black wrap and have considered that for the glare. As to dash covers as long as it wasn't some type of carpet looking thing I might be interested too.
Right now, I'm using a towel to cover up the dashboard. Is ugly but seems to be working.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dashboad mat cover- Vantage