Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Door Handle Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Door Handle Paint

I just picked up my new to me 06 Vantage. I noticed the door handles have a number of chips. Has anyone taken them fully off and repainted? My wrap in leather? Any ideas?

Old 07-03-2018, 11:01 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I'd recommend removal and disassembly of the handle and have the pieces powdercoated. They can be painted but it doesn't hold up with jewelry and the seat buckle abuse.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Mine are coated with expel.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:26 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Exchanged mine for the carbon fiber handles.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
I'd recommend removal and disassembly of the handle and have the pieces powdercoated. They can be painted but it doesn't hold up with jewelry and the seat buckle abuse.
pictures? No issues with getting the screws to fit?

Old 07-03-2018, 09:53 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Im assuming you mean the interior handles? I was thinking about taking the entire door handle and the metal housing and repainting or possibly scotchbright(with wheel) it to give a bright finish...(like brushed aluminum look) anyone know what kind of metal its made of?

Old 07-04-2018, 12:36 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Somebody stripped, sanded, and polished theirs last year. It looked good but I'd rather have it painted or CF.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:34 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, i may try doing the scotchwheel polish and then if i dont like it, i have a great powder coater i can take it too... im trying to add some character to my ALL black spec'd car... too much of the same inside.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:25 PM
I ended up going with vinyl wrap and I am very happy with the outcome.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Nice! Looks good, how easy was disassembly? I was gonna buy a used door handle assembly from ambits and try a few finishes. Thanks for posting!

Old 07-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by BDubbs
Nice! Looks good, how easy was disassembly? I was gonna buy a used door handle assembly from ambits and try a few finishes. Thanks for posting!
really easy. You can use the tutorials at redpants.lol to help.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:53 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I stiped mine a few years ago and polished them and powder coated clear, they looked good but those handles are cast aluminium so never made to be polished so you might find some surprise in the look of the metal. Mine looked good enough to be powder coated but they still didn't look exactly the way I wanted as I wanted them to match the V12 Manual Metal Shift level. I was looking at some video the other day and from what I saw the Ceramic Coat they put on headers would look exactly the way I want and would be the most durable of all. Maybe over the winter I will get that done