6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Modified cell phone mount (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/422356-modified-cell-phone-mount.html)

embdenb 07-14-2018 12:34 PM

Modified cell phone mount

3 Attachment(s)
I have been working on a cell phone mount that does not block the HVAC vents or vibrate via the CD slot. The solution seems to be a combination of two mounts, taken apart to make one and a length of aluminum stock to reposition the vent blade attachment point.
Couple of pics attached

sonies 07-15-2018 10:55 AM

what do you need to look at your cell phone for that much when driving? Are you an uber driver? For me I just throw it in the inner console or keep it in my pocket

Richard Wong 07-15-2018 05:08 PM

hilarious

Originally Posted by sonies (Post 4727310)
what do you need to look at your cell phone for that much when driving? Are you an uber driver? For me I just throw it in the inner console or keep it in my pocket

MRCW 07-15-2018 05:45 PM

I can text, surf internet, watch movies check email... lots to do with my phone while driving😉

DonRW2007 07-15-2018 07:57 PM

Wow. Not to be judgmental, but driving while distracted is more dangerous (and statistically more deadly) than driving under the influence. In any car, much less a high performance vehicle. Again, wow.

embdenb 07-16-2018 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by sonies (Post 4727310)

My dealer is over two hours from me and I never remember where to turn once I get into Orlando.

So, I use the cell phone for navigation. The cars navigation is essentially useless.

MRCW 07-16-2018 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DonRW2007 (Post 4727376)
Wow. Not to be judgmental, but driving while distracted is more dangerous (and statistically more deadly) than driving under the influence. In any car, much less a high performance vehicle. Again, wow.

i guess my 😉 was missed!

DonRW2007 07-16-2018 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by MRCW (Post 4727493)
i guess my 😉 was missed!

Sorry, must have missed it! It really is a pet peeve of mine (cell phone use - mostly texting) while driving. Not that I’ve never been guilty, but I think it’s a huge problem nowadays and frankly people scare the s@@t out of me because I know most are doing it... Didn’t mean to offend or sound self-righteous...

MRCW 07-16-2018 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by DonRW2007 (Post 4727518)

Sorry, must have missed it! It really is a pet peeve of mine (cell phone use - mostly texting) while driving. Not that I’ve never been guilty, but I think it’s a huge problem nowadays and frankly people scare the s@@t out of me because I know most are doing it... Didn’t mean to offend or sound self-righteous...

you're quite right. I drive in traffic on an interstate most mornings (not in my Aston) ands am astounded at the percentage of people looking at phones instead of the road...

embdenb 07-17-2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by DonRW2007 (Post 4727518)

No offense taken. I blame the gutless politians ( here in Florida) who refuse to pass a law banning cellphone usage in cars. The fact is that this will not stop until It’s specifically against the law and enforced.

HabitualOffender 07-17-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by embdenb (Post 4727648)
No offense taken. I blame the gutless politians ( here in Florida) who refuse to pass a law banning cellphone usage in cars. The fact is that this will not stop until It’s specifically against the law and enforced.

I'm sorry but you are quite wrong. That's like saying there's a law against speeding so no one will ever speed again.

In NJ they've had the law on the book for a few years with NO change to the habits of drivers, they just hand out a few more tickets if you get caught. But it's rampant everywhere, it's like a toy you just can't stop playing with. We have bluetooth, make the call, it's handsfree, except, you still have to manually make the call before it bluetooths.

embdenb 07-17-2018 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender (Post 4727654)

In NJ they've had the law on the book for a few years with NO change to the habits of drivers, they just hand out a few more tickets if you get caught. But it's rampant everywhere, it's like a toy you just can't stop playing with. We have bluetooth, make the call, it's handsfree, except, you still have to manually make the call before it bluetooths.

The solution is a stiffer penalty. When the penalty becomes stiff enough less people will be inclined to use their phones while driving.
As an example: In the UK the DUI penalty I believe is a minimum of 12 months revocation of your license and a maximum of 6 months in jail and a fine of 5000,00 pounds.
Needless to say, just about everyone has a designated driver when they go to to bars etc.

HabitualOffender 07-17-2018 03:39 PM

We have that penalty in NJ but it's for your 3rd offense ;)
Never underestimate the stupidity of humans.