Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need your opinion!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:58 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Need your opinion!

Hi gang,

Been playing around with the idea of putting a vinyl stripe on my car. My household is split 50/50 on yay or nay. Here’s a few pics; I just taped the stripes on temporarily so I could get a flavor of what it would look like:

Yay or nay? I have red calipers and red leather centering stripe on my steering wheel. Curious if the red stripe is taking the red accents too far?

-Dan

Last edited by supraholic; 07-14-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:48 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good to me.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure about stripes on a Vantage or any AM for that matter,
I have a Vantage and a 2017 Ford Mustang, they sit side by side in my garage I have taken a year to mull over doing GT stripes on the Ford, I'm almost there with the Mustang but certainly can't go there with my beloved Aston.

It's a personal opinion but the British car is too classy for yank styling IMO

I hope I have not offended anyone?

Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Your car, if you like it go ahead. Since you have asked the lists opinion, for me its a no.
No sure any striping system would look good on any Aston.
That said, if you are determined to add striping, the single red stripe is too narrow for the width of the car. There needs to be balance and scale on everything on the car. (That's why the new Vantage's grill looks the way it does. (smile)

Old 07-14-2018, 04:57 PM
NCVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
No vote for me. Think it takes away from the lines of the car. Your car is beautiful as is. Just my two cents.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:12 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Too bright and narrow, appears as if the car has been cut in half. The V12 hood vents are are enough to break up the front. maybe something along the top roofline outer edges that flows back on the sides thin but similar to the GT paint scheme. But like it was said, it's your car do what makes you happy.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
I'd vote no for that stripe. But it's your call. I've got red calipers and painted my bonnet vents and strake grills to match. Added some red on the engine too. Do what you like. You can always remove it later. Even tried some red pinstriping tape over my front grill slats.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:22 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
nay!

Old 07-14-2018, 06:31 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all the feedback and comments guys. No offense taken at all! I was on the fence and was looking for the push to either side. I conceived the idea after seeing pics of the AMR Vantage:

Anyway, thanks again. I’ll hold off on stripes for now...the jury is in. :-)

Old 07-14-2018, 11:12 PM
hawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura about

What's wrong with a little red accents?

Old 07-14-2018, 11:23 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Nicely done

Old 07-15-2018, 07:14 AM
1SMO is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice

Old 07-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Some have done a lightly different shade of the cars original colors in a stripe, some look really good that way.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Not digging it at all.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Well, this juror votes yes! I had my tungsten silver car wrapped pearl white with an AMR stripe. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need your opinion!