Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Big thanks for Redpants!

Old 07-21-2018, 09:47 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Big thanks for Redpants!

I went to the site ...looked at the video on brake pad replacement and what great help!
Thanks Redpants for your continued efforts to help us AM owners ��

I removed the front calipers with ease (I broke the scensor on removing it) but managed to make a replacent sender in my workshop.
Skimmed the disk with a local on car disk skimming company that came to my house
I fitted EBC red stuff pads
No squeal when I test drove it after I followed the advise on the site .
Job done for a fraction of the cost the dealer wanted to do the job

Last edited by captain Greg; 07-21-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:20 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Redpants
Glad to help!
Those sensors get really brittle over time and break really easily.

You'll have to report back on the Red Stuff pads. I've used Yellow and Green on my 4Runner, and they're not bad, but not great. I've heard mixed reviews of EBC in general, and haven't used any of them on an Aston. I know people use them, though. Just haven't had a reason to switch from Porterfield and Hawk so I'm interested to know what you think over time.
I will report back on the red stuff pad, I have them in the rear now for 1000 odd km and the rims don't dust up as bad as the OEM pad.

The little clip that holds the scensor was so badly covered withe grime I could not see it and that when I destroyed the thing, the OEM service manual is also very vague with little in detailed pics.

On that point the manual say torque the caliper bolts 20nm and add 66%\70%
So I just made them tight proper as 20 seems low and I would appreciate if someone could explain the torque and then the 66/77 %?

I'm not sure if that means turn it after the torque wrench clicks a further 66%? If that is the case then why bother with a torque value?