Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage window washer motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 03:29 AM
AMTas is an unknown quantity at this point
V8 Vantage window washer motor

Hi, can anyone assist with a V8 Vantage (07) window washer motor, the Aston Martin part number is below, and this is disproportionately expensive to buy, is there someone who knows whether there is a Jag part number (or whomever the was original supplier)?

Reservoir Motor Assy- Non Headlamp Wash

Part Number:6G33-17B614-BF

Old 07-28-2018, 06:50 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
IF this is the whole reservoir bottle and motor, $178 on Scuderia is is a good price. i just had a washer bottle replaced on a X1 BMW and the bottle only was over $250 and it took an hour of labor to install because it was tucked way under the wheel well. These bottles are often custom for each car type as they often go in unused spaces these days...

IF you are up to it, these can often be removed and repaired with sealant, epoxy, etc and a pump motor hacked. from another one, once you have it all apart.

Good luck

Old 07-28-2018, 01:32 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
The motor is not special, getting to the bottle is a fiddle and in some cases the pipe could perish
in my car a RHD the bottle is behind the right front wheel
my suggestion is remove the bottle and Motor assembly if you have a shot motor, go to a breakers and get a 12 v motor of similar fit, some epoxy will sort out the fix, Aston didn't not build a bespoke motor so yiu could get it fixed for almost nothing

just prepare for a fiddly job and removing the front wheel helps gaining access to it ... I recently replaced the pipes on mine it's not a difficult job. I also removed the fuse that trigger the headlamp washer system as I have no need for it

Old 07-29-2018, 03:01 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Replacement Washer Pump for $20

The washer pump AM part # is 4G43-01-10304 It is used in a wide range of AM models from 2004 onward.
If the reservoir is fine (no leaks) you can use this washer pump for about £12 ($20)

Front Windscreen Washer Pump Aston Martin DB9 DBS Vantage 2004 & later V8

Comes with a new rubber grommet ( the most common sources of leaking are grit stuck in the existing rubber grommet or a failed pump)
You need to remove the right side front wheel well liner and it is behind that toward the rear.

Edit: in case anyone was looking for the headlamp washer pump: £22 ($30)
Headlamp/Headlight Washer Pump Aston Martin DB9 DBS 2004 & later models V8

Last edited by BMW-North; 07-29-2018 at 08:36 PM.