Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Let's talk numbers.... US Production run on Vantage V8's (all versions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Morries Aston Martin has two V8's one in - bay-boy in your face colors ($207K) and the other in a dark grey ($186K). I've written it before in this blog - almost everything about the new Vantage I hate - however, the one color grey actually looks good on the car - almost 'elegant'. You won't see them advertise - for some reason they can't but both are available. They also have two V12S new - a paddle shift and a 7 speed - both are advertised as used - they are not, but that way they can discount them. I'd take the used 'new' discounted V12S over the V8. As far as volume I seriously doubt the new V8 Vantage will sell like the old one. Too weird, too $$$. Other newer cars will compete in far less cost like the rear engine Corvette. A ZR-1 is a badder boy than the bad-boy Vantage, and if you want nice interior finishes, for not a terrible amount of money any car can get some custom leather and finishes to have the appeal of an Aston for about $20K more. And - the Corvette you can get serviced locally. Aston had the last of the elegant sports car - now there are none.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:23 AM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BMW-North

it may be less, I read a doc last year with exact numbers and destinations. I had it saved somewhere, I’ll look. I know the owner before me was pissed as he was on a waiting list of 300 in 2006 for the first ones, when only 3 were initially delivered to Canada he bought one in California at a US dealer, had the TC conversions done, and imported it to BC. I do recall noting 2007 being the single largest production year by a long shot. I think partially to make up for the prior year where pre ordered cars were undelivered.
you might be right. I have a 2006 imported from Florida to Canada years ago. Funny thing is the door sills are customs for Pebble Beach even though the car arrived at a Florida Aston dealer.