Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

quickjack 5000 lift of v8 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:10 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
My Pucks by HSM Matt wont stay in the holes, so getting them lined up and lifting my QJ is almost impossible. So, like a few members I just went without and just used the 4" rubber pads in the same spot. Worked just fine IMHO.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
ShefiffDep - I have some other o-rings that are a bit thicker that may work (the size I normally ship is a tight fit, so although these won't work on most cars, they might work on yours.). If you want to PM me your address, I put a set in the mail for you.
Thanks,

matt

Old 10-31-2018, 04:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Argus
Does anyone use old hockey pucks at the lift points..
Yep, did it for years. Actually have a bucket of pucks.. I'm Canadian eh!

I would just use the adjustable pads to lift on the rubber plug bungs, if I needed more clearance, on came the hockey pucks. If I was using a regular floor jack, slapped on a puck and lifted.

If you need more of the rubber bungs, its a 20mm generic size. Aston also sells them, 6G33-N806457-AA. Sold individually, bring buckets of cash, think it's something like 0.60-1.00USD each.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:07 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
For Canadian people here I just saw the QuickJack 5000 in the CanadianTire flyer for $1299

Old 03-25-2019, 03:58 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Fyi. Home depot email I received has quick jack 5,000 lb. lb.. $999

Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I've been thinking of getting a quick jack to use at our home and also use it at my shop on the 4 post when I what to do suspension work (turn 4 post into a 2 post).

Old 03-29-2019, 11:14 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
Just noticed that Costco is running a sale on the Quickjack 5000. $999 with free shipping. 110V version only I believe.

Sale ends today, then presumably reverts to $1,099.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:45 PM
voodoocat is on a distinguished road
Hello, FYI I use a hockey puck, M8x35 bolt and 3/8" ID fuel line cut to 1/2" to create a 'plug' that inserts into the mounting hole. It remains intact in the car when lifting with the Quickjack. (of course, don't forget to remove after you are finished working on your car). Drill a smaller hole in puck and screw in the bolt. Tighten slightly to 'crush' the hose enough so it will stay in mounting hole. The groove cut in puck is for another car with pinch weld.
Note on Quickjack: Make sure to lock BOTH sides, if only one side is locked and didn't check other side, hydraulic pressure can flow from one side to another, eg if one side is slightly heavier than other. You can end up with unlocked side collapsing.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by voodoocat
Hello, FYI I use a hockey puck, M8x35 bolt and 3/8" ID fuel line cut to 1/2" to create a 'plug' that inserts into the mounting hole. It remains intact in the car when lifting with the Quickjack. (of course, don't forget to remove after you are finished working on your car). Drill a smaller hole in puck and screw in the bolt. Tighten slightly to 'crush' the hose enough so it will stay in mounting hole. The groove cut in puck is for another car with pinch weld.
Note on Quickjack: Make sure to lock BOTH sides, if only one side is locked and didn't check other side, hydraulic pressure can flow from one side to another, eg if one side is slightly heavier than other. You can end up with unlocked side collapsing.

I love this idea... I've been using the rubber blocks that come with the quick Jack but these seem ideal...I didn't think the custom pads were worth $200 to me to purchase

Old 07-15-2019, 12:15 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I was at Costco the other day and noticed these are $999 still for the 5000

considering getting one... but if they will ship it to my house for free that will definitely save my back a bit hah

Old 08-27-2020, 08:09 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Yes there is one for each side of the car, it also has an hydraulic pump and a up/down remote controller... There are different size 3500lb, 5000lb... I got the 3500lbXL and it was just about $2000 Canadian, great investment to do any work on the car. Each Ram or side weigh about 75lb and it takes about 5min or so to set them up and start lifting the car.
I've been debating which model to get, is the 3500lb one OK for these cars? They are over 3600lb, I wouldn't want to accidentally leave my phone in the car and break the jack with the extra weight

With lightweight seats and wheels and a bit of carbon fibre I've got the weight of mine down to 3520lbs. If I bought those 2-piece Brembo discs I keep lusting after then I'd get under 3500lbs and wouldn't have to buy the more expensive jack. Isn't man-maths a wonderful thing ...

Old 08-27-2020, 08:45 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The 3500lb would probably be ok but I opted to get the 5000lb as the price was very similar

Old 08-27-2020, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelD
I've been debating which model to get, is the 3500lb one OK for these cars? They are over 3600lb, I wouldn't want to accidentally leave my phone in the car and break the jack with the extra weight

With lightweight seats and wheels and a bit of carbon fibre I've got the weight of mine down to 3520lbs. If I bought those 2-piece Brembo discs I keep lusting after then I'd get under 3500lbs and wouldn't have to buy the more expensive jack. Isn't man-maths a wonderful thing ...
based on where you are, the 5,000# unit goes on sale at Costco for $1100 or less...

works great and I use it on my pickup

Old 08-27-2020, 11:09 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
In the UK the Costco price is £1,356, equivalent to $1780 USD. The 3500 is £1122 so it is around $300USD less. If the 3500 can handle 5% more than its rating, then I think I'll put that $300 towards new lightweight Brembo rotors

Old 02-04-2022, 09:51 AM
momo stallion is on a distinguished road
A bit of a thread resurrection here due to reading that other thread about firestone screwing up that guys rails.

I have no problems with a traditional jack + stands but with the vantage, the jack point is the same as the stand location. That along with the way modern cars are going is enough to make me get a set of Quick Jacks.

Costco is running the QuickJack $300 off for the BL5000TL or 7000 for $1299 right now. These cost a bit more than the previous model due to rising costs but at least you get 3" more lift in same footprint. The only issue they don't have the TLX series available. The TLX gives you 6" more footprint which clears a VH gen vantage with no issue. I cant think of any cars with less than 76" tire spread that would make the TL series a requirement over a TLX.

Last edited by momo stallion; 02-04-2022 at 10:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: quickjack 5000 lift of v8 vantage