Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How to figure out leather color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 10:20 AM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
How to figure out leather color?

I have a 2009 V8 Vantage Roadster. I want to touch up some scuffs on my leather and I don't have the window sticker. It has tan colored seats, but I'm not sure which tan to order. Any way to determine the exact color?

Old 08-16-2018, 10:28 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Some of the people here can pull all the information from your VIN, it will give you the build sheet for your car including all the details you will ever need... Just ask around

Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 AM
That's great! I don't have a window sticker and would really like to know all the details of my vehicle and options in black and white. Should I just post my VIN?

Thanks,

David

Old 08-16-2018, 11:03 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
You can also email Aston Martin client services your VIN and they'll send you a pdf version of the factory window sticker/build sheet

Old 08-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I sent an email to ClientServices@astonmartin.com requesting the build sheet.

I was sent the build log based on the VIN, which is interesting, but I subsequently asked for the build details, which had all the colors, and options.

Matt

Old 08-16-2018, 11:10 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I knew someone would have more info, such a great bunch of guys on this forum... Thanks Matt

Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys!

Old 08-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Goto: monroneylabels.com enter your VIN, and for $7.99 you will get the original window sticker with all the options and it should have the colors. Last week I purchased a 18,000 mile 2013 SLK55. I spent a few weeks looking and wanted the P30 option (which is like the difference between the Vantage and the Vantage S), of which externally it's difficult to tell the option is there. None of the dealers selling the used AMG SLK's had any idea of what they were selling. Those that know SLK's would know the P30 adds a bit of value and would likely expedite a sale. With the Monroney Labels I was able to spot three SLK55's with the P30 and other options that were not listed in the ads. Ultimately I was able to find a car not only with the P30 but as well as many other non-obvious options in which the Porsche dealer had no clue this car was optioned out and likely worth more than I ended up paying for it. Simply spending $7.99 on the window sticker which apparently none of the dealers do would allow them to better sell their cars. Dealers selling Astons might also benefit from the $8 investment.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:15 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Goto: monroneylabels.com enter your VIN, and for $7.99 you will get the original window sticker with all the options and it should have the colors. Last week I purchased a 18,000 mile 2013 SLK55. I spent a few weeks looking and wanted the P30 option (which is like the difference between the Vantage and the Vantage S), of which externally it's difficult to tell the option is there. None of the dealers selling the used AMG SLK's had any idea of what they were selling. Those that know SLK's would know the P30 adds a bit of value and would likely expedite a sale. With the Monroney Labels I was able to spot three SLK55's with the P30 and other options that were not listed in the ads. Ultimately I was able to find a car not only with the P30 but as well as many other non-obvious options in which the Porsche dealer had no clue this car was optioned out and likely worth more than I ended up paying for it. Simply spending $7.99 on the window sticker which apparently none of the dealers do would allow them to better sell their cars. Dealers selling Astons might also benefit from the $8 investment.
This doesn't seem to work with Astons.

This vehicle manufacturer must be manually or self-decoded.
  • We will show you what options were originally available on the vehicle.
  • In order to print a Monroney label, you must check packages or options manually by visually inspecting the vehicle.
We are currently working with this marque to get all factory option packages and equipment.