Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM club 1913 - carmel next weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Got the invite and would have loved to go but wrong coast.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:19 AM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
A few pics from the AM event. AM had a great lineup of cars and met some great AM folks. wish they let us do a quick test ride of new models around carmel though...Anyway, if you ever get a chance to go to monterey car week I highly recommed it.

Cheers...

Old 08-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Wonderful event. Was there for Mutts and Mimosa's and drive in car show. As above would have loved to been able to go for a quick loop in the Vantage.

New DBS was gorgeous. And I'm still having an issue with the grill on the Vantage. I did confirm with a gentleman there and he said the wings badge will only be placed on the bonnet. Lettering only on the rear on both European and American models. I told him the Brits on Pistonheads are pissed. He knew nothing of the forum.

I have a new camera that takes 360 and 180 stereoscopic pictures. I've posted some 360 images of the event here.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmwJk13 (Just scroll down a bit and tap on an image for the 360 to begin.)

I know it's a bit of a gimmick but I love my toys. Trying to figure out a way to keep the Old Phart out of the pic.

Last edited by Old phart; 08-26-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:12 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
Old-

Glad you had a good time..Me too on the vantage front end.. I spoke to the AM corporate rep and conveyed some AM community concerns about the vantage front end and he kinda rolled his eyes and really didn't seem interested in the feedback. I had my AM rep price my vantage configure and it was ~$195k with zero carbon options. I may be going new leftover 2017 v12s as the value it getting better.

Cheers..

Old 08-26-2018, 07:27 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
The Moscow mule popsicle is the killer! Deceivingly addictive. The cars can be taken for test drives if you ask the right person. Some of them are brought in by dealers.

They really step up on the quality of their merch. The leather goods, jackets etc. The Bridge of Weir guys are a pleasure to talk to. Learned lots about leather care etc.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:37 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough

This is my honey. Both of them.
Here are some more pictures. My car was on display.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:59 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V12Vin
The Bridge of Weir guys are a pleasure to talk to. Learned lots about leather care etc.
What did they say is the best leather care? I didn’t stay long enough to think about asking

Old 08-28-2018, 08:56 AM
pynhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rohnin

What did they say is the best leather care? I didn’t stay long enough to think about asking
I spent a bit of time with the gent manning the "Bridge of Weir" booth with the purpose of determining the optimal care plan for the leather in my Rapide. He chuckled when I recited some of the care ideas that have circulated on this forum and others. The best care plan is wiping down the leather with a slightly damp rag when it needs cleaning. Don't over-saturate the leather and no need for any sort of conditioner. Pretty simple care straight from the horses mouth. Undoubtedly the debate will continue to rage but i have my answer.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pynhead
I spent a bit of time with the gent manning the "Bridge of Weir" booth with the purpose of determining the optimal care plan for the leather in my Rapide. He chuckled when I recited some of the care ideas that have circulated on this forum and others. The best care plan is wiping down the leather with a slightly damp rag when it needs cleaning. Don't over-saturate the leather and no need for any sort of conditioner. Pretty simple care straight from the horses mouth. Undoubtedly the debate will continue to rage but i have my answer.
Yes! That’s what I do

Old 08-28-2018, 09:54 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I spoke with him also and same response - do use conditioners, maybe when required a water-based conditioner. Leather, as we know, has a clear coat, not like vintage leather that was porous.

Two years ago, I visited Schedoni in Modena who does all the high-end leather for Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, etc. Same response, keep it clean as it is clear coated. But of course, to each their own.