Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Took the plunge and bought myself a DBS for my 40'th.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:01 PM
R_Shackleford is an unknown quantity at this point
Took the plunge and bought myself a DBS for my 40'th.

Figured it was time to come out from lurking as I've learned so much from this forum on my journey to becoming an Aston Martin owner. I have wanted an Aston Martin for as long as I could possibly remember and thought I'd use the excuse of my 40'th to finally convince myself to go out and get one. I tried to scratch the itch a year earlier with a 'poor man's Aston' (XK-R), and while an AWESOME car, it just wasn't IT. Several months ago I started by looking at relatively inexpensive DB9's and came very close to buying an '08 Sports Pack car but then decided I wanted at least an '09 so I went back to scouring the internet. The other thing I really wanted was a manual transmission. Needless to say, there are just not a lot of manual transmission cars out there and the price crept up as I honed in on finding a car with 'everything' I really wanted in a DB9 and soon found myself in low-end DBS territory. As a few months went on, I saw cars I was interested in and hesitated sell relatively quickly I made the decision to just go for it when I found something I like.

After spending WAY more than I originally intended what I wound up with was this:

An '09 Storm Black on Black DBS manual transmission with 24,000 miles. I bought it in Dallas and drove it back to Austin and couldn't be happier with it! Having been a life-long gearhead, I've owned a lot of fun stuff but this just takes the cake and foresee it to be in my garage for a LONG time! Lots of firsts in this car for me (never owned anything with carbon brakes, V12, CF, etc.) and I'm going to have a TON of questions as I wrangle with a couple of fiddly issues but for now, I'm having a great time (as one of my good friends put it) beautifying America one mile at a time because there are few things on the road that look this amazing!

A quick shot of the stablemates:

Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful. And well done on finding a manual.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations and welcome. This is a great forum and you will find answers to just about anything related to Aston Martin.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:59 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
An 09 DBS Manual is a dream, congrats and happy birthday

Old 08-21-2018, 05:34 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Beautiful choice! I would've picked up a similar spec: Black/Black, manual transmission

Does it have the rear seats and seat belts?

Old 08-21-2018, 06:00 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
nice choice

Old 08-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Lovely choice.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:31 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the DBS owners 'club'! Enjoy it.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:21 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I started looking to spend around 60, which turned into 73.5, which after shipping and tax was 80, and after service was 90. Just a hair over plan LOL

Congrats on ending up with what you wanted, and happy 40th!.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Congrats! Beautiful choice! I would've picked up a similar spec: Black/Black, manual transmission

Does it have the rear seats and seat belts?
Its a 2+0 which makes no difference to me, nobody has ever been in the back seat of the Jag, even less of a chance someone would ever need to be in the back of this one.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:47 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I didn't know 9's came in 2+0. What is in place of the rear seats, a larger parcel shelf that the V8V?

Old 08-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I didn't know 9's came in 2+0. What is in place of the rear seats, a larger parcel shelf that the V8V?
I don't believe the 9's are available in 2+0 configuration (or at least, in all of my searching I've never seen one. The DBS's did have 2+0 as an option and were probably slightly less common than the 2+2 cars. It has two storage shelf type things back there.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:02 AM
Never knew. Do the seats go back further for extra leg room or is the entire space filled by the dual parcels?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:42 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
They may go back a little farther since there's no seat cushion, but if so, only very little. I've seen a few Vanquish in 2+0 also.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:32 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
awesome ride! congrats!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the plunge and bought myself a DBS for my 40'th.