Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Took the plunge and bought myself a DBS for my 40'th.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats and Happy Birthday!!!!

Your purchase story sounds very similar to my Aston purchase.

Started searching entry level pricing, searched forever and ended up doubling budget.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
That is one cool DBS! I would only consider an upgrade from my GT for a DBS stick down the road some day.
i looked at the new Vantage at the dealer the other day, when I had my yearly service. It was a light blue with black interior with matching stitching. The blue was a little darker than Gulf Racing blue.
it is neat car, I just don’t feel the Burning desire to purchase one. especially when they don’t offer a manual transmission yet. I think a rare car like the DBS with a stick and a V 12, is the pinnacle of Aston Martin.
One last thought, I had a 2+0 Evora that I ordered new. I like the idea of 2+0, if you don’t have kids. More luggage space.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 08-22-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:24 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Congrats. Beautiful DBS, enjoy the ride.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2018, 01:29 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I think a rare car like the DBS with a stick and a V 12, is the pinnacle of Aston Martin.
Ron
Well, they're not that rare; they did make around 3500 DBS, with probably 1000 manuals. The really rare DBS is the manual Volante. But I do agree they are great looking.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:49 PM
chizv8 is an unknown quantity at this point
You have your self a thing of beauty there , and the other two are not bad either.
Now get in there and tidy that garage up , and show all the ladies off to there best advantage.����

Old 08-22-2018, 02:15 PM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful!!! Absolutely beautiful.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:36 PM
R_Shackleford is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I started looking to spend around 60, which turned into 73.5, which after shipping and tax was 80, and after service was 90. Just a hair over plan LOL

Congrats on ending up with what you wanted, and happy 40th!.
Thanks! I started out at ~$50, wound up spending a bit more than double and I still have to pay the state 6.5% which I am NOT looking forward to!

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Never knew. Do the seats go back further for extra leg room or is the entire space filled by the dual parcels?
To be honest, I really have nothing to benchmark against. However, I can say I do feel like I have ample room in the cabin and even quite tall passengers have been comfortable.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:38 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Congrats and welcome! Another Aston in Austin!

Old 08-24-2018, 09:40 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
How's it compare to the XKR in straight line acceleration?

Did you pick the DBS up at the Austin AM dealer?

Old 08-24-2018, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Congrats and welcome! Another Aston in Austin!
We're going to have to start a club!

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
How's it compare to the XKR in straight line acceleration?

Did you pick the DBS up at the Austin AM dealer?
I hate to admit it but the XKR is faster but it is pretty darn close. They both make 510hp but the XKR makes it a lot earlier, the blower makes it a lot torquier down low.

The DBS came from a private seller in Dallas. I havent been to the local AM dealer yet (hope I never do!).

Old 08-24-2018, 12:07 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by R_Shackleford
I hate to admit it but the XKR is faster but it is pretty darn close. They both make 510hp but the XKR makes it a lot earlier, the blower makes it a lot torquier down low.

The DBS came from a private seller in Dallas. I havent been to the local AM dealer yet (hope I never do!).
I asked on the straight line performance as someone on my Jaguar forum went from a DBS to an XKR and said the XKR was a little faster. Was looking to see if that was consistent or not...

You can go the Austin dealer without them having to do work on your car. It's some dealership! Texas sized. It'll be good to have a relationship with the dealer either way. If your interaction is buying a shirt, hat, or just checking out the showroom is fine.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I asked on the straight line performance as someone on my Jaguar forum went from a DBS to an XKR and said the XKR was a little faster. Was looking to see if that was consistent or not...

You can go the Austin dealer without them having to do work on your car. It's some dealership! Texas sized. It'll be good to have a relationship with the dealer either way. If your interaction is buying a shirt, hat, or just checking out the showroom is fine.
I am ridiculously impressed with that supercharged 5.0 in the Jag. Nobody expects the Jag to be as fast as it is but it is proper fast and a fantastic daily driver.

When I get back in town (I bought the DBS and immediately left the country) I'm going to go check out the dealership then, the gentleman I bought the DBS from had a pretty nice AM windbreaker I wouldn't mind having.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:49 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
^^ Underappreciated engine. My last two DD were an XFR and XFR-S. The linear way those cars would pile on the speed, and the flexibility and sound of the engine were all impressive. I understand that Jag is going in the same direction as the market, with downsizing and electrification, but I am really disappointed that they have dropped this engine from their sedan lineup. Give me a supercharger (or NA) any day over turbocharging.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:34 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Congratulations man. My 40th is coming up soon but I’m not sure I can convince the wife since we have 3 kids! Plus I can’t find any manuals in my lighting silver on Black in a 2+2

enjoy!

Old 08-25-2018, 01:43 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You'll have to look hard for that 2+2 manual; only 114 made worldwide vs 870 2+0 manuals.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the plunge and bought myself a DBS for my 40'th.