Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone daily their Aston?

Old 08-26-2018, 03:15 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Anyone daily their Aston?

Like most pople on the forums, I have many cars and the Aston gets driven 3-5k miles a year at most.

HOwever with the value of the Aston tanking (just not worth much anymore), im thinking of daily driving the aston.

I have a -8 with 58k miles. Ive owned it for 6 years and its been an incredible car.

I also have 4 other cars (ISF, brand new Lexus rX450, BMW 330). AM thinking of selling a few cars and just start daily the aston. The cluth was changed at 39k miles (first time) and im hoping my cluth will last me till 80k (prey to god!)

anyone here daily the aston? I just think its funny how the aston has dropped in value so much and i need to "stop treating" it like a 200k car. its just a 40k car now.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I bought mine for the sore purpose of driving it every day. Every day it doesn't snow

Old 08-26-2018, 04:15 PM
karmafan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as it wasnt snowing and i would be driving for at least 20 minutes, it was the car i always drove for the past 6 months.

I should say warm, not raining at night and at least a 20 minute drive.

Black top with too dark of tint and a black dash - with the windows up i couldnt see anything to the sides or rear and with how the car is raked its amazing how much rain flys into the cabin if you need to have the window cracked even a smallest amount. Granted mine just blew up (as did the previous contributor so maybe we are not the best to listen to but my mechanic said these cars run much better if driven hard and often. a lot of the talk about being expensive and flaky is due to them sitting for months then being expected to perform like an exotic.

As long as its not an errand runner you will be quite happy putting more miles on it. I think most cars fall into this rule - they are made to drive and all seals, tubes, mechanics are designed to expect regular flow of fluids around them and at amazingly high pressure + temp. Id think anything engineered for that purpose is like an athlete who stays idle for the off season and pulls a hamstring in pre season

Old 08-26-2018, 04:26 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The Rapide is my primary car. I work from home and if the wife is out; I have no choice but take the Rapide. Cry me a river... That being said, I just don't drive much....
I bought a set of the AM Rapide snow wheels which I store at the dealer. I don't see any reason not to drive it all year round. I won't drive if it's actually snowing or not ploughed (save that for the AWD Jag). If it's above freezing, I wash the cars on the same schedule as when it's warm out.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
2007 V8V, owned since 2016, done 35,00km since then (now at 65,000km)

trouble free enjoyable motoring

replaced brakes my self & annual service by AM dealer, I do an oil change at the 6 month mark just due to the distance I have been doing

cant get a better car as a daily for me

Graze

Old 08-26-2018, 04:48 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karmafan84
As long as its not an errand runner you will be quite happy putting more miles on it.
What's wrong with errand runners?! LOL 90% of my trips are under 5 miles, it's a great errand runner

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
If it's above freezing, I wash the cars on the same schedule as when it's warm out.
You mean, personally, like in your driveway?! That's commitment. I won;t wash mine unless it's at least 60 degrees, which is why it gets really dirty over the winter LOL

Old 08-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
If you spend a lot of money on a car and don't drive it, I consider you foolish.

I work from home, so there's no commute, but for all intents and purposes I daily my Vantage.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 PM
I didn't stipulate, I work from home also [seems to be a theme here!] but I only have one car and it's the only car I want, so anywhere I go it takes me

Old 08-26-2018, 06:07 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Yup, DB9 is my only car. It gets used all the time for all kinds of things.

Wife has an SUV when we need to haul people/stuff.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Z71TahoeEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I don’t think the values of these are going to sink much more. Too classic of a design. I maybe drive the Aston 30 miles/week. Trying to step that up a bit but city living makes that hard. Weekends only and it’s pretty much to the restaurant valet and back.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:01 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
For me I wouldn't say daily but at least 3-4 times a week, I bought it with 30,000km and now 2yrs later it is at 54,000km. It seems to me the more you drive them the less you have issues with them, so far no issues with mine.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:44 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You mean, personally, like in your driveway?! That's commitment. I won't wash mine unless it's at least 60 degrees, which is why it gets really dirty over the winter LOL
Yes, in my driveway. The key is heating the water in the soap bucket!

Old 08-27-2018, 06:28 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The past V8's I daily drove unless there was snow or chemicals on the pavement - so about 6 to 7 months of the year they were daily drivers. The V12S I only drive in clear weather on dry roads because Black is such a pain to keep looking good. The others I drove 8K to 12K a year - this one about 4K... all mostly city driving with a few short (400+ mile) trips.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Just put a 1000 mile weekend on mine. Drive it every chance I get.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:51 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Old phart
Just put a 1000 mile weekend on mine. Drive it every chance I get.
Good for you.Great for your car.
You are an inspiration to all garaged Astons and their owners.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone daily their Aston?