Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anything I should know about a 2014 Vanquish?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:13 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
Anything I should know about a 2014 Vanquish?

Thinking about getting one and moving up from my Vantage. Any thoughts? Advice? Recommended research? etc.?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Old 08-27-2018, 01:04 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
They're great cars; fast and better leg room than DB9/DBS, bigger trunk. B&O is great, especially in a convertible (can actually hear it very clearly). Some say you need the 8, but I don't think so. Fewer gears makes using the paddles more enjoyable since you're not always clicking on them. On the other hand, if you don't use the paddles (it's a gimmick if you ask me), then 8 is fine. Either way, you can't go wrong with the top of the line.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:11 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
Thanks! I have had my Vantage for 5 years and love it, but want more leg room, more elegant interior and love the styling of the Vanquish!

Old 08-27-2018, 07:49 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Get the book, do your homework

Anyone thinking about getting an Aston should get a copy of Grant Neal's book, "The Definitive Guide to new Gaydon era Aston Martin"

It is in my estimation the Bible for the cars. Everything and anything you want to know.

​​​​​​

Old 08-27-2018, 08:03 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Some say you need the 8, but I don't think so. Fewer gears makes using the paddles more enjoyable since you're not always clicking on them.
I agree. The engine has some much power that 8 gears is too many. My wife's Jag has 8 gears and paddles are worthless. On the Rapide and 6 gears it's just awesome.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:38 PM
docroc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by got one
Thinking about getting one and moving up from my Vantage. Any thoughts? Advice? Recommended research? etc.?

Thanks in advance!!!!
As a current 2014 owner for about a year, it’s been good with no problems so far after about 2K miles on it. The 8 speed is definitely faster, I’ve driven both, but I couldn’t find the color combination I was looking for in a 2015 or 2016 (plus neither had hit its depreciation curve yet). For the most part you won’t care much, nor will anyone who sees the car since it might be the peak of Aston’s designs (excluding the Zagatos)... hope this helps...

Old 08-28-2018, 06:48 PM
superuser is on a distinguished road
There is a centenary-edition for sale on rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-of-100-a.html

Old 08-29-2018, 07:53 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by superuser
There is a centenary-edition for sale on rennlist: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-of-100-a.html
wow that CE is stunning

Old 08-29-2018, 04:13 PM
docroc is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve seen a used Centenary Silver colored Vanquish for sale a couple of years ago at my local DC dealer before I bought mine (Skyfall Silver on Spicy Red with Obsidian Black). It’s generally a “love or strongly dislike” with the degradated paint job of Skyfall Silver into charcoal. I personally liked but my other friends thought it looked odd like the paint wasn’t finished. This is mine for perspective...

Old 08-29-2018, 07:53 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The front carbon splitter is costly to replace. Install an aftermarket guard to preserve its life.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quite possibly the most beautiful Aston designed of that generation. The DBS is classic, but the Vanquish gives it just a little bit more edge while still being sophisticated.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:10 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mjanis
Anyone thinking about getting an Aston should get a copy of Grant Neal's book, "The Definitive Guide to new Gaydon era Aston Martin"

It is in my estimation the Bible for the cars. Everything and anything you want to know.

​​​​​​
++1! Definitely a must read before buying one of these cars! Full of truly useful information and a big help when scouring the internet for just the car you want.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:14 AM
Ronnyb is on a distinguished road
i know its an old post but do you know where can i buy a front splitter guard for a 2017 vanquish?
thanks

Old 04-07-2023, 08:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ronnyb
i know its an old post but do you know where can i buy a front splitter guard for a 2017 vanquish?
thanks
Most Aston Dealers are resellers for an aftermarket splitter guard.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:41 AM
Ronnyb is on a distinguished road
thanks i live in a country with only one dealer and they don't have it. can i order it online from someplace? thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anything I should know about a 2014 Vanquish?