Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Red interiors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Red interiors

Am I the few that hate AM with red interiors? They look good on Ferraris and Lambos but I personally prefer a black interior on these classy cars. Am I one of the minority here?

Last edited by powerbeautysoulAM; 09-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
No i'm with you, with one exception

i really like the tan interiors in the dark green coloured cars - but with a black upper dash

Graeme

Old 09-02-2018, 02:13 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
This one would be great if it had black interior. Anyone actually like the exterior interior combo?

http://www.formulaoneimports.com/veh...nc-id-25540964

Old 09-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
This one would be great if it had black interior. Anyone actually like the exterior interior combo?

http://www.formulaoneimports.com/veh...nc-id-25540964
I particularly didnt want a black interior or that orangy tan colour .
Red is just not my thing either in an Aston .Mine is Sandstorm with red stitching .
the car listed looks great but I would prefer a dark grey interior possibly with some subtle red accents and red stitching .

Old 09-02-2018, 04:11 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Well I thought that I wanted a black interior until I saw the Black Cherry leather with Raven Black stitching, for the common people like me Cherry Red... We love it with the Meteorite Silver paint

Old 09-02-2018, 10:54 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm a big fan of the Black Cherry, I saw one with purple interior, not sure i could live with it but it did look cool!

As for the red, I like it, but not sure I'd want to live with it long term. I do love the specs of the car though, Skyfall with 10 spoke and premium 6M, the red ties in with the calipers. I would prefer Skyfall with obsidian and black calipers, I like it toned down a bit.

I imaging all interiors get hot in the Summer but black, is like having a heater in front of you. Even with the AC on Max you can feel the heat coming off the oven in front of you that's baking in the sun as you drive. Not to mention what it feels like when you just in with shorts on, the worst is still that aluminum cup holder meeting the tender bits of your arm when you get in a hot car!

Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I did not even look at cars that had black or gray interiors. To me they feel like you are sitting in a coal bunker. My interior is Red Fox with an ivory headliner.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:15 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Same here. Would never buy an Aston with a black interior. They have such a huge range of leather colors, why would you choose suicide black that can be had in even the most mundane of cars? Unfortunately, when you eliminate black, a large percentage of cars fall off the map...

Old 09-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I think a red interior destroys resale value as the market shrinks to a very small percentage of buyers, not my taste, but each their own.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I think a red interior destroys resale value as the market shrinks to a very small percentage of buyers, not my taste, but each their own.
This is certainly true and extends beyond just red. Any loud or unusual interior choices shrink the audience. That being said, it comes down to the whole picture. Red can look awesome as an interior on the right car.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:35 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
I full heartedly disagree with this entire post lol!

My Chancellor Red interior on my last vantage was absolutely gorgeous!

In a day where every single Aston owners has some sort of variation of Black/Grey/White exterior and some sort of Black/Chestnut Tan/Grey interior, it's a nice relief. Aston has some of the best colors on the market and it's a shame more buyers don't take advantage of it, it truly makes the car unique. The right combo will make a car more desirable, think BMW Alpine white on Coral red interior, Porsche has an amazing Cocoa Brown that looks stunning in person, Mercedes has a gorgeous off white, Astn has an amazing multitude of hues of cognac variations, blue interiors, red interiors, brown interiors. The only manufacturer I think that has more leather choices available on the market is Bentley

But it's all personal preference! Loved it on my old Meteorite Gray

Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm a big fan of the Black Cherry, I saw one with purple interior, not sure i could live with it but it did look cool!

As for the red, I like it, but not sure I'd want to live with it long term. I do love the specs of the car though, Skyfall with 10 spoke and premium 6M, the red ties in with the calipers. I would prefer Skyfall with obsidian and black calipers, I like it toned down a bit.

I imaging all interiors get hot in the Summer but black, is like having a heater in front of you. Even with the AC on Max you can feel the heat coming off the oven in front of you that's baking in the sun as you drive. Not to mention what it feels like when you just in with shorts on, the worst is still that aluminum cup holder meeting the tender bits of your arm when you get in a hot car!
i have phantom grey... all the windows are tinted and have a clear uv tint on windshield... no heat problems in hot Florida sun...

not a huge fan of bright colorful interiors... love bitter chocolate.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:52 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Recently there was a white Vantage with red interior in Dallas. I thought the interior was stunningly beautiful. It would definitely be a wake up call on a morning drive. Not sure I would purchase one with red interior, but likely I would. Have no desire for black or grey, I have had all that I care to have. The Aston interior is so beautiful I think colors really show the details off better. Glad we have a choice.....

Old 09-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I love red interiors....

Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I love opinion threads. No one is wrong except that everyone is wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Red interiors