Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Best silver color

Old 09-02-2018, 12:33 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Best silver color

In your opinion, what is more stunning in person - skyfall silver or lightning silver? Which will exemplify what an AM should be? Which is harder to find?

Old 09-02-2018, 04:14 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Meteorite Silver for me all the way, although I believe that they painted lots of cars that color over the years

Old 09-02-2018, 04:56 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road

Definitely Meterorite Silver (which is what I have on my car)! To me, that color just looks so cool, understated and just so right on an Aston Martin.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:54 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I know it's not described as Silver, but ceramic grey is an awesome darker color and not very many cars have it.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:33 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I've saw an Aston painted in Porsche Zermatt Silver that looked stunning. I think it was a Vanquish S.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:20 PM
iandavies is an unknown quantity at this point
I have tungsten silver on my car and it looks like a slightly light metallic grey. It's lovely and I think the perfect colour for an Aston. Don't know if this colour is still offered or not, though.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:43 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
AM has too many "Silvers" that IMO and no where near. IE Meteorite and Tungston are far more charcoal than what I would call a silver. From what I've seen of lots of pictures and seeing in person

Lightning - Silver that in some light flops very blue
Skyfall - is a blue tinged silver but doesn't change color
Titanium - very bright silver that doesn't change color

If I had to choose I'd choose Skyfall. It's very silver but the blue tinge makes it very warm. Titanium can be a very brash silver, but is a pure silver, and Lightning when it flops to blue has annoyed several on the board who have posted threads about it.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:57 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
AM has too many "Silvers" that IMO and no where near. IE Meteorite and Tungston are far more charcoal than what I would call a silver. From what I've seen of lots of pictures and seeing in person

Lightning - Silver that in some light flops very blue
Skyfall - is a blue tinged silver but doesn't change color
Titanium - very bright silver that doesn't change color

If I had to choose I'd choose Skyfall. It's very silver but the blue tinge makes it very warm. Titanium can be a very brash silver, but is a pure silver, and Lightning when it flops to blue has annoyed several on the board who have posted threads about it.
Which color do you have on your v8v?

Old 09-02-2018, 11:49 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Mine is Mako Blue, which usually looks like a light silver blue, but has lots of golds and even purple accents, it all depends on the light. Sometimes it just looks like powder blue. I'm amazed at how many people comment on how much they love the color. Supposedly it's a favorite of the British but I think it's because it's usually so cloudy over there, and it's very pretty when it's cloudy LOL

Here's a pic a fashion photographer shot at a C&C. He asked me move the car to that spot so he could take some pictures. I've never seen it this color though

More Lightning Silver when it's flopping blue

Or just silvery

This is more typical with the golds and purple fringes.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 09-03-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:38 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Mako looks like lightning. Just more bluish.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
How about Spectre silver on the 2016 DB9 GT Bond Edition.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I has a few Astons in Meteorite Silver - very nice color - and one in Alloro Green which under certain lighting appears silver-like.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:39 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
My lightning silver looks amazing, even after 12 years.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:15 PM
I was specifically looking for Lightning or Stratus, Lightning would be first choice, I wanted an 09' --11' and those were my primary colors, although my only criteria was it had to be a very light color. Hardly Green is beautiful also. I flew to Florida to inspect a Lightning that was stunning but had way too many condition issues and no history. Skyfall wasn't an option because it came much later.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 AM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough

I had mine wrapped in 3M satin gray. It is unbelieveable in person. It really looks like paint with the satin finish. Not trying to distract if this was only for factory paint options, but had to comment as i couldn't be happier with the color. Silver has been my favorite color for a while, and this one is fantastic in any light and really shows the lines on the car. I was originally looking for a silver car, but got tired of waiting for a manual and found a black one and wrapped it!