Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage -- another disappointment

Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
jesus, those are horrible. hard to believe Aston made no attempt to integrate those better than that. atrocious.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:58 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
They are ugly and the DB11 as well as the new DBS Superleggera have them fitted also. If you remove the coves there is an aluminum triangle mounted to the bumper beam. Little bit involved for removal and patch work.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Ditto all of the above remarks - Aston did an awful job on the new era products, witnessed by the cars sitting with no sales in the local showrooms, so I'm not alone. It would be an interesting exercise to take a nice older Vantage and a new one and place it at venues that would be associated with traditional Aston customers - Polo, Yacht, Golf, High End Restaurant events and see where the people pay attention - I'd bet $100 they would gravitate to the older designs.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they'll figure a more elegant solution in the next model year or two? I don't think they're the end of world as much as some are implying. There's plenty of black accents and details in the rear that tie the bumper covers together (some).

Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
As bad as those little bumpers are, Those exhaust tips are just as bad if not worse! What was Aston thinking?? That looks like the exhaust from a Taurus.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Black is not my favorite color - but it does hide weirdness in design - I'd bet it might actually look OK in all black. I saw all tan interior - seems to look better (less terrible).

Old 09-11-2018, 10:19 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 09-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
I understand the diffusers but I don't get the purpose for these. Not a fan of things stuck on because they look cool? Can someone explain if there's an aero reason for them?

Old 09-13-2018, 01:59 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
So suddenly I'm having cold feet after touching and seeing one, I reserved comment based on pictures, being a proud Aston owner and not wanting to make a comment I may regret.
the engine is not AM! And I never thought that would have been an issue? That said I never fell for a Bimota motorcycle as it was a bike with a Suzuki engine in it ... an Italian bike with a Japanese engine? Did not work for me, not saying jap / Italian is bad, I went for a rare Ducati SL ( and boy am I paying the price for this, the thing is More fussy than you can care to know,...but I digress)
the Vantage inside is very typical Mercedes with some features and controls looking as if they come directly out of the German car.
the new Vantage from the side has the DNA of my car and it's really nice, but can I live with it?or am I just getting older and more concervative with my cash? Could that be a factor!
Guys im on the fence and my car now coming up to 33000km may still have some life in it?.....problem is being the label **** that I am, is can I really be seen wearing last years fashion?....am I buying the car for me because I love it or because I need to send a message to thousands of strangers that I have huge tom to squander on a car?..

time for some soul searching from my side ...it's so much easier with women .....give them a Range Rover on their 21st birthday as you replace them

Old 09-13-2018, 02:05 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by captain Greg
So suddenly I'm having cold feet after touching and seeing one, I reserved comment based on pictures, being a proud Aston owner and not wanting to make a comment I may regret.
the engine is not AM! And I never thought that would have been an issue? That said I never fell for a Bimota motorcycle as it was a bike with a Suzuki engine in it ... an Italian bike with a Japanese engine? Did not work for me, not saying jap / Italian is bad, I went for a rare Ducati SL ( and boy am I paying the price for this, the thing is More fussy than you can care to know,...but I digress)
the Vantage inside is very typical Mercedes with some features and controls looking as if they come directly out of the German car.
the new Vantage from the side has the DNA of my car and it's really nice, but can I live with it?or am I just getting older and more concervative with my cash? Could that be a factor!
Guys im on the fence and my car now coming up to 33000km may still have some life in it?.....problem is being the label **** that I am, is can I really be seen wearing last years fashion?....am I buying the car for me because I love it or because I need to send a message to thousands of strangers that I have huge tom to squander on a car?..

time for some soul searching from my side ...it's so much easier with women .....give them a Range Rover on their 21st birthday as you replace them
Do you care that our current cars are littered with Ford, Volvo, and Jaguar parts? Do you care that the McLaren F1 had a BMW engine in it? Or the Pagani Zonda has an AMG engine in it? Who cares IMO, the 4L TT V8 is a frickin beast... did you not test drive one before you bought it? Its an amazing car and quite a bit different from IMO the best Benz they make the AMG GT

Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
A big selling point of a Lotus beyond the suspension and engineering is the Toyota engine... The lowly Toyota engine shared with the Toyota Camry and Tundra transmission...

The biggest disappointment in the new Vantage is the mesh grill and lack of magnet latches.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:20 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Guys im on the fence and my car now coming up to 33000km may still have some life in it?
Why doesn't it have another 100,000 in it, if you can stand to be seen in an old suit for that long

Old 09-13-2018, 03:09 PM
My V8's on STartUp would say: Power Beauty Soul - My 2015 V12S instead says 'Pure Aston Martin' - no more!

Old 09-13-2018, 03:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
Q1) Do you care that our current cars are littered with Ford, Volvo, and Jaguar parts?
Q2) Do you care that the McLaren F1 had a BMW engine in it?
Q3) Or the Pagani Zonda has an AMG engine in it?
Q4) Who cares IMO, the 4L TT V8 is a frickin beast.
A1) No, because AM was owned by Ford and grouped with Jag and Volvo...one big family
A2) No, because McLaren had NO production engine of any kind of their own to draw from
A3) Same answer as McLaren
A4) Lots of us do. I would Never buy an AMG-engined Aston.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:15 PM
I just bought for a daily driver an AMG SLK55 (2013) with 414HP which weighs similar to the V8 Vantages I used to own - that's where the similarities stop. Forget parts mixing etc, the older Vantages (not 2019) are visceral in multiple ways. My SLK55 while being a very well made car, tiny and powerful, does not have the 'personal connection' in any form any of my V8 Vantages (2007, 2009, & 2015) had. It probably can do 0-60 better than a V8 Vantage, just won't feel like it. It might even corner better - just won't feel like it. You sit in the SLK55, it's ok - just ok, you sit in a V8 Vantage, its wonderful. What the previous Aston Corporate ownership nailed correctly is the essence of the car - the soul and beauty thanks to Fisker's talent, and the feedback that gives the perception of better power, handling, etc. You pull up in a V8 Vantage and everyone will think you have great taste - everyone. I pull up in the SLK55 and they wonder why my wife is letting me drive her car. You pull up in the 2019 Vantage and people will wonder - not in the same way as before, just wonder. Some in a good way, others not so much. The new ownership has zero clue what the essence of Aston historically was - elegance. The DB11 in certain colors can be elegant. The V8 Vantage, maybe in Black or some other color that hides the weirdness of the design, but not sure what can be done with the interior. I drove the new Vantage - did not get any of that old feeling I traditional felt in 30 years of Aston ownership - none of it. Of course with a great number of dealers all committed to a minimum volume of orders and a short floor planning period, they might profit, even if the dealers don't. I certainly won't be buying any Aston stock primarily because of the 2019 Vantage, but would have 10 years ago if they went public.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage -- another disappointment