Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage -- another disappointment

Old 09-13-2018, 06:13 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
"I traditional felt in 30 years of Aston ownership - none of it"

I've owned Astons for many years too - IMO the thinking of AML is the new Vantage (that I happen to like) we older guys are not their main market, like the previous generation Vantages. It is focused for mainly a younger audience. Of course, time will tell if correct.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:28 PM
superuser is on a distinguished road
I like the styling of the new Vantage, just wish it was smaller.

There is a thread over on Rennlist, I think the 992 section. Most of the guys like the new Vantage and many say they are considering it when the manual is available.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:38 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
On my test drive he flat out said they designed it to go after the Porsche market, and if they're considering it over a 992 then they're spot on with their target market. Which should mean - buy AM stock at the IPO

Old 09-14-2018, 12:18 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sonies
Do you care that our current cars are littered with Ford, Volvo, and Jaguar parts? Do you care that the McLaren F1 had a BMW engine in it? Or the Pagani Zonda has an AMG engine in it? Who cares IMO, the 4L TT V8 is a frickin beast... did you not test drive one before you bought it? Its an amazing car and quite a bit different from IMO the best Benz they make the AMG GT

i did did not buy it ..Yet,.. have just seen it and felt it. But have not fallen for it Yet
as for your comparison with Ford and Volvo I'm uncertain if it's the same thing, ...the engine was rebuilt with new and improved heads in Germany a dry sump bespoke for Aston Martin, I don't know of any other car with this power train installed?
The wing mirror and the older key fob it shared with Volvo with respect are discrete .......zonda I would not own is just the most stupid thing along with a few other rich German kids who want to built a super car with no soul or personality

at my local gym gym there are a few of these fire breathing AMG merc's , and they too are just boring.....now do I drop ZAR 3 million on a car that has its most important soul component being shared with a few boy racers at the gym. So they can say yes our car has the same engine....really ?

Sang Yong tried fittting the 2.3 merc engine when it launched its Korando model in this country ....sales were non existent one cannot up scale a car because of a motor was the thinking, in this case I think AM have down scaled and removed the heart of the beast.

does the new Vantage have presence ? O yes it certainly does, will it age well? Time will tell.

as for my ZAR 3 million ..... I may consider a Hurricane, or even a Bentley with that said I was aiming to go Bentley when I turned 60 the problem is I'm not 60 yet.

guys these are my thoughts on the new Vantage I don't expect anyone to agree

Old 09-14-2018, 12:22 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
A1) No, because AM was owned by Ford and grouped with Jag and Volvo...one big family
A2) No, because McLaren had NO production engine of any kind of their own to draw from
A3) Same answer as McLaren
A4) Lots of us do. I would Never buy an AMG-engined Aston.

when are you in Town so I can by you a 🍺
elegantly put Sir.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
A big selling point of a Lotus beyond the suspension and engineering is the Toyota engine... The lowly Toyota engine shared with the Toyota Camry and Tundra transmission...
when I'm buying a ride on lawn mower or garden implement I seldom get hot and bothered about it's power train.
As we say the only thing that should ever come in 2 L is milk ....there is no replacement for displacement and even the brits tried that little engine in a lotus that 007 had to drive in one of his films, now that car was a real best seller ? Not

lets be honest the new Lillttle ankle biter from Lotus is cute, but let's be real no one will bother to take you seriously if you arrive in Lotus ....e.g.: do you bother entertaining the boys in the Subaru at the lights? Exactly but they are nice cars for young petrol heads with a limited budget and don't come into consideration when we are taking Vantage price tag, or pure on road presence.
Lotus has always looked like a home made kit car contraption IMO

Old 09-14-2018, 01:56 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Vantage ................ pure on road presence.
Couldn't be said better.

Pure road presence. -

Over here, ~ Hello, I'm not only beautiful but I'm the sexiest automobile you've ever seen, ~ and I'm nasty too. You can't take your eyes off me. You have no idea what I am but I'm making you a little hot in all the right places. And as I pull away you watch my beautiful ***, wishing just once you could get a piece of that.

I love my car, and plan to drive it until I'm well into my 70's, Until I physically can't climb in and out of it anymore, or until it starts costing more to drive than an alternative, or I die. I always considered this was going to be my last car, depending on who dies first. If I have to replace it the 19' will have many years to mature. I like alot of it, especially the drive, the feel of the chassis and the way it handles rough road. Track mode was fantastic. The way it felt in the middle of a curve, the seat of the pants [would love to try a stick!]. My sport ride is a little harsh and has far more body roll when pushed than this very well engineered new car, that drives several notches above mine. Although mine does have a more visceral connected feel, because of it's faults and weaknesses.

I already have the most beautiful, but she isn't the nastiest. I'll take beautiful and sexy that's an average lay over the best bang with a butterface. ~ Unless it's a one night stand.

When these hit V2 using feedback, refined with more beautiful Aston touches, I think it will convert most of the critics. That profile is sexy, and nasty, and there is no denying it. I'd f*ck her. You all would. You may not want to live with her, but you all want to ride her hard and put her away wet.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by superuser
I like the styling of the new Vantage, just wish it was smaller.

There is a thread over on Rennlist, I think the 992 section. Most of the guys like the new Vantage and many say they are considering it when the manual is available.
"Considering it when manual comes out". I know that only 'bout 5 percent of Porsches are sold with manual trans. It is one of those things, everyone wants a manual, but it is really very low production numbers.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:09 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute

when I'm buying a ride on lawn mower or garden implement I seldom get hot and bothered about it's power train.
As we say the only thing that should ever come in 2 L is milk ....there is no replacement for displacement and even the brits tried that little engine in a lotus that 007 had to drive in one of his films, now that car was a real best seller ? Not

lets be honest the new Lillttle ankle biter from Lotus is cute, but let's be real no one will bother to take you seriously if you arrive in Lotus ....e.g.: do you bother entertaining the boys in the Subaru at the lights? Exactly but they are nice cars for young petrol heads with a limited budget and don't come into consideration when we are taking Vantage price tag, or pure on road presence.
I think you may only be thinking of the Elise... The Evora 400 is a 3.5L V6 at over 400 HP and dimensions at V8 Ferrari models.

I got way more looks & "red carpet" in the Evora than I have ever in either Astons. One of the reasons for getting rid of the Evora as it attracted too much of a crowd.

Here are both the new Vantage and Evora 400 at the local AM-Lotus dealership; they look similarly cool to me.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:22 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

i did did not buy it ..Yet,.. have just seen it and felt it. But have not fallen for it Yet
as for your comparison with Ford and Volvo I'm uncertain if it's the same thing, ...the engine was rebuilt with new and improved heads in Germany a dry sump bespoke for Aston Martin, I don't know of any other car with this power train installed?
The wing mirror and the older key fob it shared with Volvo with respect are discrete .......zonda I would not own is just the most stupid thing along with a few other rich German kids who want to built a super car with no soul or personality

at my local gym gym there are a few of these fire breathing AMG merc's , and they too are just boring.....now do I drop ZAR 3 million on a car that has its most important soul component being shared with a few boy racers at the gym. So they can say yes our car has the same engine....really ?

Sang Yong tried fittting the 2.3 merc engine when it launched its Korando model in this country ....sales were non existent one cannot up scale a car because of a motor was the thinking, in this case I think AM have down scaled and removed the heart of the beast.

does the new Vantage have presence ? O yes it certainly does, will it age well? Time will tell.

as for my ZAR 3 million ..... I may consider a Hurricane, or even a Bentley with that said I was aiming to go Bentley when I turned 60 the problem is I'm not 60 yet.

guys these are my thoughts on the new Vantage I don't expect anyone to agree

well the best part of the new vantage is how it drives and feels on the road so I suggest you go test drive one! the exhaust pops are a lot of fun for sure

Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Tiff Needelll loves the new vantage compared to the DB11... watch this video the first minute it had me laughing so hard

Old 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I think you may only be thinking of the Elise... The Evora 400 is a 3.5L V6 at over 400 HP and dimensions at V8 Ferrari models.

I got way more looks & "red carpet" in the Evora than I have ever in either Astons. One of the reasons for getting rid of the Evora as it attracted too much of a crowd.

Here are both the new Vantage and Evora 400 at the local AM-Lotus dealership; they look similarly cool to me.
Don't bother, he didn't get enough attention as a kid.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Don't bother, he didn't get enough attention as a kid.
wow that's an interesting comment?....

im older and don't like attention just for the record, that said it's hard to not be noticed when you have an 8 pack, wear a uniform , fly the stars to destinations if thier choice, drive an Aston and always have a bubble blonde that can suck a golf ball through a garden hose on cold winters morning, on your arm.....sorry I offended you

Old 09-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
well the best part of the new vantage is how it drives and feels on the road so I suggest you go test drive one! the exhaust pops are a lot of fun for sure
re....can't you read ...I said I just been with one.....?

Old 09-14-2018, 12:13 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
4-time Lotus owner here btw. I don't think ever bought a Lotus expecting to get the attention. I got it for the go-kart feel. I don't care if pple takes me seriously or not even if it's powered by 3 corgis.

I do however concur with your comment about home-made kit car, especially for the Evora. Heck, I even think McLaren feels like a kit car.

But it doesn't mean there is no room for improvement. Lotus will overcome that with the new ownership.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage -- another disappointment