Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My manual-converted Vanquish burned my house down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
My manual-converted Vanquish burned my house down

Did a forum search and didn't see that anyone had posted about this yet. Apologies if I missed it.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:15 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I guess I won't be converting mine to manual any time soon!

Old 09-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
wow. that is terrible.

I'm more wondering that the guy does not seem to worried that all his good burned down.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:02 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The title sounds like a response from a teenager. Funny how the lemons car with the Kegerator on board and talk of fireworks had nothing to do with the spontaneous combustion?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:29 PM
GA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud of
Met the guy at the first Alpharetta Festivals of Speed and had our car a couple spots down from his. Nice guy, beautiful Vanquish. Happened to see the burned up carcass at Panell's shop when we were having some work done on the DB9. So sad. Regardless of the circumstances, I can't imagine what its like to have your life turned upside down like that.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:36 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, awful.

I can empathize, in reverse - in 2012 our house burned down due to an electrical fault, and the only thing that survived was the Vantage in the garage.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:52 AM
superuser is on a distinguished road
I see his white v12 running around town a good bit, hope to bump into him someday. Super sad and scary event, the good news is no one was hurt!

Old 09-13-2018, 08:13 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zettinger
wow. that is terrible.

I'm more wondering that the guy does not seem to worried that all his good burned down.
eh its just stuff... at least he's alive

Old 09-13-2018, 02:34 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You have to be able to look back and laugh at the curves life throws you. Nobody died, I'm sure he lost things that can never be replaced and got hosed on the insurance claims, but he's got a great attitude. Rolling with the punches is the only way to get thru life.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
After watching the video (which I did when it was first uploaded, so my apologies if I'm remembering details incorrectly), I was annoyed by the click-bait headline. The fire seems to have been more likely the result of his irresponsibility in the garage.