Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:11 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
PM sent

Old 09-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Nice!!!! Great priced as well.

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
PM sent
you will LOVE the exhaust note!

Last edited by Zettinger; 09-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I will the exhaust note!

LOL you edited and made my post look dumb

I've been thinking of adding a few decibels. It's a little too quiet when my foot isn't in it, which makes me put my foot in it more than I need to!\

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 09-12-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Does this have bypass valves? I don't see them?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MRCW
Does this have bypass valves? I don't see them?
No, it only does sound amazing.

I have the titanium version of that exhaust and love the sound!

Old 09-12-2018, 03:15 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I will the exhaust note!

I've been thinking of adding a few decibels. It's a little too quiet when my foot isn't in it, which makes me put my foot in it more than I need to!
You won't be disappointed !

Old 09-12-2018, 08:40 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Still available or did HO buy it?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm planing on buying it - it just comes down to shipping [can it be packed good to survive, I can send a label] or meet at Hershey if Rick prefers not to have to pack it. I'm good either way.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I’ll take seconds but it would need to be shipped to Canada.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:31 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
So far we have been emailing about delivery alternatives. However it appears he committed

in his 6speed entry (above, 10:46) after I retired.

I also have an AM original equipment Vantage backbox (includes vacuum actuated sound switching valves system) for sale.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Sorry if it asn't clear in the PM's but I am commitable

I sent you a text and PM, PM's suck, but you may not text.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Fantastic smooth and easy transaction, thank you Rick!

Originally Posted by Zettinger
Nice!!!! Great priced as well.

you will LOVE the exhaust note!
I must say, I absolutely love the tone. I had never heard my car start so I had my mechanic start it before the install and was really disappointed in the tone of the OEM exhaust. Only ever hearing it at idle behind the car but with a little gas it sounded "tinny", The QS SS has a deep, resonant, full rounded tone, the difference was night and day. It's not that much louder at lower rpm's, it just sounds so much better. It is definitely a bit louder at 6000, but still, the tone is wonderful.

So I went from "I'm not even going to pull my fuse 22", to 6 months later I pulled my fuse, to a year later buy Rick's beautiful used box as I was ready for a little extra, I bet in another year it'll have 200cats in it and maybe some headers and a tune!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 10-02-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Fantastic smooth and easy transaction, thank you Rick!

I must say, I absolutely love the tone. I had never heard my car start so I had my mechanic start it before the install and was really disappointed in the tone of the OEM exhaust. Only ever hearing it at idle behind the car but with a little gas it sounded "tinny", The QS SS has a deep, resonant, full rounded tone, the difference was night and day. It's not that much louder at lower rpm's, it just sounds so much better. It is definitely a bit louder at 6000, but still, the tone is wonderful.

So I went from "I'm not even going to pull my fuse 22", to 6 months later I pulled my fuse, to a year later buy Rick's beautiful used box as I was ready for a little extra, I bet in another year it'll have 200cats in it and maybe some headers and a tune!
Congrats!!!

yep, I'm on the path that I need 100 or 200 cell cats soon.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Use it in good health

Habitual, I am pleased you are enjoying your newly discovered exhaust notes. My backbox has obviously found a good home. Let me extend my best wishes, borrowing the ESSO gasoline slogan of my east coast youth..."Happy Motoring".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox