6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Some fun running against a Jaguar F-Type SVR (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/424587-some-fun-running-against-jaguar-f-type-svr.html)

DetomasoGTS74 09-22-2018 10:29 AM

Some fun running against a Jaguar F-Type SVR

We finally had a break in the rain here in Central TX, so I decided to go for spirited drive. A neighbor in an SVR had a similar idea. It sounded great and pulled hard, but he was a bit timid in the turns. I have since found out that the SVR is the fastest production jaguar ever. By the way, I love this blackvue dashcam!

Mathman85 09-22-2018 11:06 AM

Love it. The Aston, I mean... not the Jag. ;)

Audio on your cam is pretty good. I have a Thinkware F770, but my girlfriend is uncomfortable being recorded (much to my disappointment...) so I've left the microphone off almost every time... hope mine captures the exhaust as well as yours does.

DetomasoGTS74 09-22-2018 11:21 AM

Thanks! I was also surprised at how well the audio picks up, you could even hear him speaking in the car next to me afterwards. This car is a little louder than stock. Sound wise Stu’s (VelocityAP) headers, race cats and QS Super sport exhaust. The overruns (pops) on it are about as loud as the SVR but the microphone didn’t really pick up mine. The Jags were caught on audio as he was pulling in.

Ron Avery 09-22-2018 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74 (Post 4740307)
Thanks! I was also surprised at how well the audio picks up, you could even hear him speaking in the car next to me afterwards. This car is a little louder than stock. Sound wise Stu’s (VelocityAP) headers, race cats and QS Super sport exhaust. The overruns (pops) on it are about as loud as the SVR but the microphone didn’t really pick up mine. The Jags were caught on audio as he was pulling in.

Wow, I thought my GT was loud. Your car sounds like you just pulled off a race track. Very cool.
Ron

terminal_ac 09-22-2018 04:08 PM

"Naw, not in the neighborhood...". That made my day. Great video and thanks for sharing.

Zettinger 09-24-2018 09:55 AM

Thanks for sharing! Your car sounds great!

In low revs your setup is more aggressive.
Damn! Now I need to add race cats.

DetomasoGTS74 10-11-2018 08:21 PM

Thanks! The race cats mad the biggest different in both power and sound. The additional benefit is the low cost and easy install. The headers and dual plate clutch/LW flywheel took me 12 hours.

Originally Posted by Zettinger (Post 4740526)
Thanks for sharing! Your car sounds great!

In low revs your setup is more aggressive.
Damn! Now I need to add race cats.

captain Greg 10-11-2018 11:58 PM

Look I don't want to be the party pooper on this thread......but with respect a spirited drive....and no smoke pouring off the back types in the corners or tyre squeal from the Aston in the bends?

this is great vid of a scenic drive with a car in the front that clearly needs overtaking

Thx for sharing

DetomasoGTS74 10-12-2018 06:02 AM

Fair point, it’s not racing. This is a narrow road that leads into a neighborhood that has blind turns, a cliff on one side and cyclists all the time on it. We were driving about as fast as you would want safely and we were “running” a couple of times in the straights when he felt comfortable. Candidly I was excited to see the SVR, and was pleased the little Aston kept up.

For tire squeal and overtaking, that will be kept at either COTA or Harris Hill.