Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2011 Vantage S with ASM 2 skipping gears.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 11:17 AM
AZV8s is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 Vantage S with ASM 2 skipping gears.

Has anyone else had this issue? My 2011 Vantage S when driving in "auto" mode, goes up the gears normally, but when I use the flappy paddles, once in a while it would skip a gear instead of sequentially go up the gears. I've done the whole gearbox recalibration thing by firing up the car, and letting the N light finish flashing. I was planning on taking the car to the dealership at some point to get it looked at, but if it's something simple I'm missing, it would save me a 4 hr drive to get to the dealership and back. Thank you!

Old 03-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
I do not think I can help but the start to flash is for the clutch learn not for gear calibration.

I would check the clutch bottle and see if it is low on Pentosin fuild. My car is an 09 ASM...but fuild should be the same.

Next I would check the paddles for wear and slipping.

Sorry I do not have your answer...if no answer here.post on Piston Heads too.

Good luck

Old 08-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Skyefall003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AZV8s
Has anyone else had this issue? My 2011 Vantage S when driving in "auto" mode, goes up the gears normally, but when I use the flappy paddles, once in a while it would skip a gear instead of sequentially go up the gears. I've done the whole gearbox recalibration thing by firing up the car, and letting the N light finish flashing. I was planning on taking the car to the dealership at some point to get it looked at, but if it's something simple I'm missing, it would save me a 4 hr drive to get to the dealership and back. Thank you!

Did you ever come up with a solution for this?

My 2013 with ASM is doing the exact same thing, mainly when the trans has warmed up. When cold is shifts normally in manual mode. Shifts normally in Drive mode and and it does not skip gears when downshifting in either mode. The dealer is also around 3 hours away for me. Thanks!!

Old 04-29-2020, 06:33 AM
thisistcab7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Skyefall003
Did you ever come up with a solution for this?

My 2013 with ASM is doing the exact same thing, mainly when the trans has warmed up. When cold is shifts normally in manual mode. Shifts normally in Drive mode and and it does not skip gears when downshifting in either mode. The dealer is also around 3 hours away for me. Thanks!!
Any luck on this? Having same problem