Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What Happens to service agreements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 10:51 AM
scotstern is on a distinguished road
What Happens to service agreements

So, if Aston Martin goes down for the big one, what happens to the real Aston Martin Service Agreements. I spent $8,000 on a 2 year agreement so that I could sleep at night about the clutch (automatic) and now I am wondering if that would all go away. I think that it would.

Thoughts?

Old 04-25-2020, 12:40 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Clutch is a wear item, no warranty will cover that. The extended service contract is not thru AM or the dealers. It's a 3rd party outside company that would most likely let accredited shop carry out something. But then again warranty companies go out of business just like everyone else.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:04 PM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
They honestly don’t cover as much as I would have liked. They fight everything and the dealer is not helpful. Eg., shrinking leather on dash, not covered. Noisy navigation screen mechanism usually not covered, so dealer doesn’t want to go through the hassle. I finally got something covered... timing cover gasket leak missed by the CPO inspection as well as the 20,000 mile annual maintenance (I noticed it).

Old 04-25-2020, 06:25 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
+1 Dealership likes to sell them to add profits and its coverage is lackluster for basic things, although it could cover high cost failure so it's not wrong. These cars are robust so many will recommend to save $$ instead of an ESC. All depends upon how much you figure output of value VS repairs yourself.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Bones 53 is on a distinguished road
I disagree. The premium extended warranty is clearly stated and covers every failure except cosmetic and wear items.
My dealer has been fantastic when it comes to warranty items and even replaced my tail lights when there was condensation on the inside.
Thanks,
JH

Old 04-26-2020, 09:08 PM
scotstern is on a distinguished road
I agree with Bones. What I was talking about in my original post was a REAL ASTON MARTIN service Agreement not a 3rd party agreement. I have a real letter from Aston Martin saying that my car is covered until October 31, 2921. It seems to cover any and all repairs which for me, did include two new taillights as they were fogged. I suspect that if Aston does go down for the big one that this agreement will be a victim of the proceedings. I certainly hope not but......

Old 04-27-2020, 06:43 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I also agree with Bones. On some of the 6 Vantages I've owned (all with some sort of either 'new' warranty or Aston Martin extended), they went through the warranty period with no issues other than a tail light or two from condensation. However, on my 2015 V8GT it had at least $20K in warranty claims all taken care of with no complaints from AM. On my 'Timeless Certified' 2015 V12S from Napleton which was a deceptive sale (see previous posts), I had several issues right away (the first day) and in the short time I had it (about 6 months before Aston corporate replaced the car) it had about $10K in warranty work, then went on to it's second owner which conservatively has well over $100K in warranty work (and to avoid litigation extended the warranty with a significant cash settlement on top). The replacement V12S had zero issues in the 2 years I owned it. My current V12S had both tail lights replaced (of course), and the nav system replaced to cure a 'buzz' while driving, and under warranty will have the leather refinished - before I purchased it (with 160 total miles) the dealer found the clutch to be defective and replaced it before it was delivered. The warranty on an Aston Martin is expensive, and the inspection to just maintain the warranty more so, but the alternative?

Old 04-27-2020, 12:12 PM
I didn't mention it in the previous post, but I have mentioned elsewhere on this forum before....I had a freak valve spring failure on my 2012 V12 Vantage in Oct 2018.
Aston (Miller Motors), under the extended warranty, replaced .... brand new engine, clutch, and catalytic converters, wheel alignment, radiator flush, AC recharge and assorted minor items....no charge and they were very supportive along the way.
Thanks,
JH

Old 04-27-2020, 01:15 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
@Bones 53 Any bites on your car?

Old 04-28-2020, 05:31 AM
I have had many nibbles and about 3 bites.
In the meantime, I continue to thoroughly enjoy the car...
Thanks,
JH