Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Chicago to San Diego -2018 Vanquish S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Originally Posted by DonL
Several years back, stopped for some food and "refreshments" at the Roadkill Cafe/O.K.Saloon, located in Seligman, AZ on a section of the original Route 66.
Interesting to see a "throwback" of what the highway might have looked like many years ago.
It's not far off I 40 if you want to take a short detour, or travel a longer portion on the old road from west of Ash Fork to Kingman, if you have time.
Thanks, next time ! Tight schedule this time as we are picking up my buddy's Portofino late this afternoon

Old 10-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
What a first class trip in a first class Aston . Your car looks amazing!
Have fun with the last leg of your trip.
Ron
Thanks!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by W126C
That's the way to do it. Enjoy the ride.

Regards,
?thx!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:52 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Great post and photos!! Your car is gorgeous!!

Old 10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
I just finished bringing Centenary 23 (V8 Vantage S) home to San Diego last weekend, all the way from Sarasota Florida- if you guys are staying through Sunday, I'll be down there from LA.

Cars currently at AM SD.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by bolteon
I just finished bringing Centenary 23 (V8 Vantage S) home to San Diego last weekend, all the way from Sarasota Florida- if you guys are staying through Sunday, I'll be down there from LA.

Cars currently at AM SD.
My Vanquish will be dropped in Palm Springs tonight and we will be heading to SD in my pals Portofino tomorrow- heading back to Chicago Sunday am flight. We are in Del Mar, text me if your around tomorrow afternoon 312-925-4719

Old 10-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Well sadly but with immense satisfaction our Larry and Roy's "Excellent Adventure" is finished( at least for the Vanquish portion). It was a spectacular Gran Touring experience, I was initially focused on purchasing a GTC4 Lusso due to its usable rear seats and hatch that can swallow a bike. I can state unequivocally that this car was amazing. Incredibly comfortable (day 2 was 16 hrs) and when asked brutally quick! We averaged 21.8 mpg and not a whisper of wind noise, rattle or squeak of any kind. I'm very thankful I installed the Xpel on the front carbon air dam as well as the usual front clip, mirrors and sides as I have two nice hits in the vinyl on the lower air dam but zero impact to the carbon. That's it for any signs of anything. Perhaps I just got used to the Pirellis but I swear they are quieter after 2100 miles of cross country driving. Leaving with my shop here, (have decided to do a light windshield tint and will replace the lower XPEL on the air dam) until I return for the winter in November, I will be marking off the days with much anticipation to reunite with a remarkable auto!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo285.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	905.0 KB
ID:	530148   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo674.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	970.6 KB
ID:	530149  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Now you know how Jeremy Clarkson feels.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by Argus
Now you know how Jeremy Clarkson feels.
Yes I do !

Old 10-09-2018, 08:43 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
awesome! I'm going to be doing Chicago to Reno in about 4 weeks, looking forward to it! Although I have a Vantage with the sports pack so its not as comfortable as your car but who the hell cares!!!

Old 10-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by sonies
awesome! I'm going to be doing Chicago to Reno in about 4 weeks, looking forward to it! Although I have a Vantage with the sports pack so its not as comfortable as your car but who the hell cares!!!
Good for you ! These cars are meant to be driven, it's amazing to me how many are bubble wrapped to be preserved for the next owner (s). One of my best friends bought a new Ferrari 575M in 2002. He daily drove the car for 12 years, snow tires in the winter, ski trips et al. Put 70,000 miles on the car and is now doing the same with his FF. You are doing what these cars were built for, to drive !

Ps good luck with the drive and weather ?

Old 10-09-2018, 09:13 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Cherryblock
Good for you ! These cars are meant to be driven, it's amazing to me how many are bubble wrapped to be preserved for the next owner (s). One of my best friends bought a new Ferrari 575M in 2002. He daily drove the car for 12 years, snow tires in the winter, ski trips et al. Put 70,000 miles on the car and is now doing the same with his FF. You are doing what these cars were built for, to drive !

Ps good luck with the drive and weather ?
Exactly! My car will have about 30k on it when I finally arrive there, I plan to daily drive it as much as I can. The weather should be ok... we have like a 2 week window or possibly longer so if theres a blizzard hitting the midwest we'll wait a few days

are you going to daily drive the vanquish as much as you can? or do you have another beater?

Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by sonies
Exactly! My car will have about 30k on it when I finally arrive there, I plan to daily drive it as much as I can. The weather should be ok... we have like a 2 week window or possibly longer so if theres a blizzard hitting the midwest we'll wait a few days

are you going to daily drive the vanquish as much as you can? or do you have another beater?
It will be my DD in California- yep I have another beater here in Chicago 😆

Old 10-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I stay at your place in Chicago while you're at your winter home in Cali?

Old 10-09-2018, 03:01 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Cherryblock
It will be my DD in California- yep I have another beater here in Chicago 😆
A shame we didn't get a chance to meet up this past weekend!

Looking forward to a AM meet up later this year though, the folks over at AM San Diego are great. There's a track day coming up I believe, I can get you in touch with James if you're interested...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago to San Diego -2018 Vanquish S