Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another new V8 Vantage owner

Old 10-06-2018, 02:26 PM
dpath is an unknown quantity at this point
Another new V8 Vantage owner

After owning several Jaguar and Lotus cars over the years, I finally succumbed to the lure of Aston Martin. I decided to search for a low mileage (under 15K miles) V8 Vantage S. My only other requirement was color (Cobalt Blue). I finally found one in Florida and had it shipped to Southern California last month. I wish I could have driven it home (like others on this forum) but I didn’t have the time. I realize that this car isn’t as unique an Aston as others but it’s special to me. I even like the SSII shifter. Anyways, I’m looking forward to contributing to this forum.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:50 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Welcome. I'm a current Lotus and Aston owner. They're too different for one to replace the other. You're going to have to post some pictures.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:49 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Pictures or it didn't happen!!!!

Old 10-06-2018, 08:05 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Cobalt blue is unique and a brilliant color for a Vantage! Need a SoCal background in the picture too.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:50 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Great color choice. Post some pics of your new ride when you have time.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Here’s a photo of the car near Channel Islands Harbor. Sorry it took so long to post but I’m having issues resizing photos on my iPhone https://www.6speedonline.com/ed2d76a...2-ec6ed7f3d930

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-06-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations and welcome. This is a great forum with a lot of helpful information. I’m on my third Aston. You are really going to enjoy your new toy.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Let's try this again. Here are photos of the car near Channel Islands Harbor.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Absolutely beautiful!

Old 10-07-2018, 11:30 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Welcome aboard and congrats!!! Beautiful car and I love that color!!!

Old 10-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations and welcome. That’s a cool color. I almost bought a colbalt blue when I was looking but the service history wasn’t right for me. What color is the interior...pics?

Old 10-07-2018, 01:44 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Nice car. Stick around and we'll get you sorted on your personalization. For starters, might I suggest you go to Redpants and take a look at the replacement reflectors that are available. So far, with the front markers, you've got three different colors going on there. Rich can get you sorted.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:14 PM
I’ve already replaced the front markers with black led’s and would like to get matching (black) side repeater lights but Redpants is out of stock on its custom lights. I replaced the car’s battery (since it wasn’t holding a consistent charge) with a small Braille battery and mount from Redpants. Rich is providing a great service to Aston owners.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by dpath
I’ve already replaced the front markers with black led’s and would like to get matching (black) side repeater lights but Redpants is out of stock on its custom lights. I replaced the car’s battery (since it wasn’t holding a consistent charge) with a small Braille battery and mount from Redpants. Rich is providing a great service to Aston owners.
Ok, understood. Quite a few of us started off with those front led markers. The problem though is uniformity. With Rich's kit everything ties in nicely. I eventually replaced my LED's with Rich's kit, and I'm quite pleased with the overall results.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Over the last few weeks, I was only able to find a small number of Cobalt blue Vantages for sale. I’ve seen a few Cobalt Blue examples with Tan or Truffle interiors but none for sale at this time. All of the rest have black obsidian interiors (like mine).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.