Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What is your favorite auto movie or video?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Le Mans
Grand Prix

Old 10-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mjanis
Sometimes a movie can influence your love of automobiles, driving and sports cars. So what movie or video is your favorite? I love the Bond films of course, but my all time favorite is a French film called C’etait un Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch where in the early morning he drives a Ferrari 275 GTB across Paris all out.

It is a short film, only around 9 minutes long but definitely worth a look. Go to YouTube and watch the highest quality version you can find, and make sure you turn the volume way up! The sound is intoxicating! I have a copy on DVD so I don’t have a link to share.

Now tell me me your favorite so I can watch it and maybe find a new favorite!

Bored on a Sunday night.
Mark
Mark great video to watch

but apparently he did it in a 6.9L merc & overdubbed the Ferrari

still the father of all car videos & just amazing nerve

Graeme

Old 10-13-2018, 12:18 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Graze
Mark great video to watch

but apparently he did it in a 6.9L merc & overdubbed the Ferrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmdR6B1DPac

still the father of all car videos & just amazing nerve

Graeme
After watching it, as I don't think I'd ever seen it, I was dumbstuck at how fake it seemed. That car was maybe doing 80 at the most in some spots, and far less most of the time. The overtaking speeds were down right slow, the static street environ passed, slow, you have a Ferrari running 5000rpm in 5th gear and there's no way that car was doing anywhere near the speeds associated with the soundtrack. Having driven like a douce my whole life, it wasn't even close. Yea, he ran a lot of red lights, most of them at any real speed had wide open sight lines, the ones in the narrow streets are at far lower speeds. Although, it did sound good, it did "look" good, it was exciting, it just wasn't close to real.

Then I watched the how to video and I think he still played it up to be more than it actually was.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:13 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I just saw "ts a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" and was amazed by the stunt driving in the moving made in 1962 using old cars and little safety measures

Old 11-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Alien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud ofAlien32 has much to be proud of
No love for the Blue Brothers?

For a 3min video, this one was and still is one of my all time favorites even tho it's grainy by todays standards. Inspired me when I was making my own racing videos (SCCA rally and NASA CMC).

Originally Posted by MRCW
oon the lighter side... Days of Thunder had some good car and racing sequences, although the cars can only turn left...
I was big into NASCAR a few years after that came out. Hated the continuity errors. Close up of dirty bashed up cars swerving, next shot was wide, clean cars 'real' racing. I thought Talladega Nights was 10x better in that aspect. Though they all have the "want to go faster? Just SHIFT!" nonsense.

Last edited by Alien32; 11-20-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
THIS short clip :
"just watch this for a breathtaking display of forceful driving"

Movies: Le Mans, Vanishing Point (71), Bullit, each on it's own rights...

Thomas

Old 11-22-2018, 07:47 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
How about the Charlie Sheen movie "The Wraith" VelocityAPs DB9 SuperSport exhaust has a low end tone almost just like the Wraith sound.

Another Charlie Sheen Movie about 911's being stolen was "No Mans Land"

Old 11-23-2018, 07:07 AM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
For me it has to be, of course, Cannonball Run, as it's autobiographical since I drove in the original Cannonball race on which the film was based. Burt Reynolds played my character! By the way, the real race was way more exciting than the movie.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Automobilist is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Best car movie, ever...

All those are decent, but without a doubt, the best car movie ever filmed is: Gone In 60 Seconds
Not the lame Nick Cage knockoff, the real, original movie. Written, directed and starred in by the infamous H.B. Halicki.

The cast of significant cars involved has never been matched, not even close.