Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

After over 5-1/2 years of ownership ... V12-Vantage

Old 07-05-2018, 09:09 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
After over 5-1/2 years of ownership ... V12-Vantage

After 5-1/2 years of ownership and about 19k miles I have put my 2011 V12 Vantage for sale on consignment at my local AM dealership. It was sad to clean it out and leave it behind after its latest yearly service but life changes (married now and baby at home) meant I just didn't have time to drive it anymore. It was still a complete joy to drive but it felt like a waste to just have it sitting in the garage.

PM me if you have any questions. The sale will be completely handled through the dealer.

Its current resting place awaiting a new caretaker:

Last edited by WG_moots; 11-26-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:45 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Wow, I still remember when you moved from your V8 to the V12. Marriage and kids do change things....but my vantage is like a family member now! Best of luck with the sale, should be a quick sell at that price.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:55 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
It's a shame to see you go. I recall you have posted some wonderful photos of your car over the years. Congrats on the marriage and baby!

Old 07-05-2018, 12:47 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Damn that color though. Gorgeous. GLWS.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:50 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Time for Rapide or DB11?

Old 07-06-2018, 08:46 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Time for Rapide or DB11?
My current DD is an E39 M5, which I find very hard to replace: 400hp, V8, manual transmission. I just put a new clutch in it, so that will be my family car for the foreseeable future. I like the Rapide but it's hard to let go of the old-school analog feel of the E39 at a fraction of the price.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:21 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
E39 - one of the best Bimmers ever made, IMO. You are quite right not to let that go. What colour exterior/interior is it?

Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by spinecho
E39 - one of the best Bimmers ever made, IMO. You are quite right not to let that go. What colour exterior/interior is it?
It's a 2002 Silver Black with the aluminum trim, I just turned 80k miles on it:

Old 07-10-2018, 05:21 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Damn that color though. Gorgeous. GLWS.

I believe the question was "What color is the Vantage"

Old 07-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Life changes. I can remember selling my 63 split window Corvette the day my first son came home from the hospital. And selling another to buy a bigger house. Now the kids are grown and I have 6 cars and looking at getting a Vanquish. Hang in there.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:20 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning color, good luck!

Old 08-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
All this selling after a baby. I got my flrst Lambo (Huracan) one month before our first baby! I figured this way... little girls play with dolls so their dream toy must be a real baby. And I obviously helped my wife have such. So... little boys play with cars - so the ultimate car is a supercar. So I treated myself LOL.

Wife and I have enjoyed it ever since! Now she not only is supportive of me getting an Aventador but often encourages me to keep Huracan and give to our 2.5 yr old some day.

What HAS changed is that even though we have a large suv that she drives - I am more keen on my toys fitting them all. When I was shopping a muscle car I picked 68 Charger for its size among other things obviously. And I just grabbed a 996TT cab because I wanted open air time with the family!

Will love to see what OP replaces such an incredible machine with.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Update, the car was on the market for a couple of months or so but no real interest. The guys at the AM dealership said they were getting higher than expected interest on the new Vantages. I pulled the car back into my garage and may list it again in the spring. This way I will get to enjoy it a few more months. I drive it to the office on Fridays, and will take it out on the weekends when I have time for a spin.

Last edited by WG_moots; 11-26-2018 at 01:17 PM.