6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Buying specific AM model (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/425188-buying-specific-am-model.html)

powerbeautysoulAM 10-08-2018 09:03 PM

Buying specific AM model

I read that most good AM are purchased privately thru dealers. If I am looking for a very specific manual Vantage in a specific years/color only. Nothing on cars or autotrader or eBay in the past year. Is there another company to work with to get insiders info on potential owners selling their cars?

mjanis 10-08-2018 10:42 PM

Well I suppose you could post what you are looking for on here as a wtb ad. We have a lot of owners represented and it is always possible that someone might want to sell.

When I was looking to buy my DB9, I followed all the online listings and websites on a daily basis for almost a year until I found a car I wanted to buy.

Here is a list of some of the websites I followed

autotrader, cargurus, cars, carfax, edmunds, Hemings, eBay, Craigslist for multiple cities( SF, LA, Chicago, Denver), truecar, kbb, Aston Martin Pre-owned, even cars.overstock.com, sportscarmarket,

Good luck and good hunting. If you want it bad enough, eventually you will find it.

MRCW 10-09-2018 07:57 AM

So. .. what are you looking for?

sonies 10-09-2018 08:39 AM

the internet is probably the best place, I have found dealers to be not exactly the most helpful unless you are ready to buy one of the cars in their inventory

XJRS Owner 10-09-2018 09:36 AM

Aside from checking the websites as mentioned above, you can send an email to all the US Aston dealers telling them exactly what you are looking for. Sometimes they can reach out to their customers to see if they are interested in selling. Of course, this usually means you'll be paying a premium since it'll obviously be a sellers market.

Zettinger 10-09-2018 10:06 AM

I hear you. I was searching 1.5 years for my Vantage since it had to be white, Mans trans, sport pack and 2009 or 2010. Nice to have was prem sound and body color contrast stitching.
since nothing really in my scope I was at a point that I considered grey, 4.3l cars and even Sport shift (just for a few minutes though when a perfect car in budget popped up, advertised as mans Trans but was SS what I saw during a FaceTime call).
In the end TWO cars popped up the same week. I had to raise my budget by a large number but the wait was worth it!!

Also check Facebook marketplace. I saw several Aston for sale and purchased my Porsche 997 through that portal.

Funny enough, someone with an similar forum name as yours bought the second a week later.

FR500GT 10-09-2018 12:07 PM

I posted a WTB in the marketplace here and then also searched daily on Autotrader, Craigslist, Ebay, Cars.com, local dealers, all over the country, etc etc...for about 2 months and just picked up a V8V this past weekend. It definately takes time and patience to weed through some of the bad ones but eventually you'll find the right spec. Posting a WTB on here helped narrow my search and a lot of members were nice enough to PM me for their potential candidates.

BTW, the search is half the fun!

XJRS Owner 10-09-2018 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by FR500GT (Post 4743238)
I posted a WTB in the marketplace here and then also searched daily on Autotrader, Craigslist, Ebay, Cars.com, local dealers, all over the country, etc etc...for about 2 months and just picked up a V8V this past weekend. It definately takes time and patience to weed through some of the bad ones but eventually you'll find the right spec. Posting a WTB on here helped narrow my search and a lot of members were nice enough to PM me for their potential candidates.

BTW, the search is half the fun!

Not when you've already spent a fruitless year searching, as has the OP. By my guess, he's not looking for a black, gray or silver Vantage; those are a dime a dozen.

kdm 10-09-2018 01:11 PM

We lucked out when we found ours - looked for less than month.. Checked all the regular internet car for sale sites - found one in Atlanta that was Sports Shift but it was already sold. Two days later another one (ours now) popped up on Cars.com - Merlot (burgundy :) ), coupe, manual, tan interior, premium, sound system, 28k miles, 2 owners. It was only an hour away in Jacksonville, Fl. Drove down 1 weekend to look at it, next weekend went back and picked it up.

sonies 10-09-2018 01:33 PM

can always just buy a black vantage and wrap it whatever the hell color you want :)

Mathman85 10-09-2018 01:44 PM

listingallcars(dot)com

brightoncorgi 10-09-2018 02:01 PM

It helps if the scope of cars can include a few colors or what not...

bolteon 10-09-2018 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM (Post 4743121)
I read that most good AM are purchased privately thru dealers. If I am looking for a very specific manual Vantage in a specific years/color only. Nothing on cars or autotrader or eBay in the past year. Is there another company to work with to get insiders info on potential owners selling their cars?

It took me 18 months, in order to get lucky, to find Centenary 23 up for sale and purchase it.

Having requirements makes the search much longer but the car is likely out there; the only question is "how long will you last"?

FR500GT 10-09-2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner (Post 4743244)
Not when you've already spent a fruitless year searching, as has the OP. By my guess, he's not looking for a black, gray or silver Vantage; those are a dime a dozen.

We're still waiting on what color he is looking for...

mjanis 10-09-2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by FR500GT (Post 4743280)
We're still waiting on what color he is looking for...

Maybe he is nervous to tell us. Afraid we might find it before he does and buy it first.