Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally picked up a V8V!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
I finally picked up a V8V!

Hey guys after searching all over the country for a V8 Vantage, I was finally able to source a car in my own city! I just picked up a 2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 4.7 Sportshift 16k miles black on black. Pretty much exactly what I wanted from the start. I went back and forth between the 4.3 with a manual transmission or a 4.7 with the Sportshift and was really hoping that I would hate the Sportshift but I didn't. The car is completely stock with the exception of a newly installed clutch from AM and 20" Forgiato wheels (which I will be selling). Just needs a good paint correction and the common passenger side dash issue addressed but other than that it's the perfect candidate for a clean GT4-Street build. The plan is to do coilovers, brakes, wheels/tires, GT4 hood, grill, front lip, GT3 style rear diffuser and fixed wing, wrap, exhaust, fixed seats, etc. I look forward to finally participating in this AM section as an official owner!

I'll be starting a documented build on here in the next couple of weeks but here are a few pictures of how she currently sits:

Last edited by FR500GT; 10-11-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
congrats on the purchase

thats one very tidy looking car

will watch your build thread with interest

Graeme

Old 10-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful! Enjoy it.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:00 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Very nice one to start with, low miles and looks clean. +1 on ditching the wheels.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Hey guys after searching all over the country for a V8 Vantage, I was finally able to source a car in my own city! I just picked up a 2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 4.7 Sportshift 16k miles black on black. Pretty much exactly what I wanted from the start. I went back and forth between the 4.3 with a manual transmission or a 4.7 with the Sportshift and was really hoping that I would hate the Sportshift but I didn't. The car is completely stock with the exception of a newly installed clutch from AM and 20" Forgiato wheels (which I will be selling). Just needs a good paint correction and the common passenger side dash issue addressed but other than that it's the perfect candidate for a clean GT4-Street build. The plan is to do coilovers, brakes, wheels/tires, GT4 hood, grill, front lip, GT3 style rear diffuser and fixed wing, wrap, exhaust, fixed seats, etc. I look forward to finally participating in this AM section as an official owner!

I'll be starting a documented build on here in the next couple of weeks but here are a few pictures of how she currently sits:

So when you say GT3 rear diffuser- this is what we're talking about? It's very similar to the GT8 which I'm seriously considering doing a build of (since it doesn't get sold in the US). Your only 50 miles from me (San Diego here). Subscribed!

Old 10-11-2018, 07:07 PM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Beautiful car, sans the wheels!

Old 10-12-2018, 04:51 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase and good luck on the build

Old 10-12-2018, 08:02 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! I like black Paint on an Aston because they do such a great job painting. It is going to look amazing after paint correction.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful - I agree the wheels detract form such a beautiful car. The grey on the rear valance just does not fit that beautiful black. The grill looks great against the black. Congrats.

A wing?

chr

Old 10-12-2018, 09:17 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
looks good! I was just in the OC last week Missing the weather there for sure

Looking forward to the build and I also would ditch those horrible rims

Old 10-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Thanks all! And yes the 20" Forgiato wheels will be the first to go (if anyone wants them with good tires for a good price).

Originally Posted by bolteon
So when you say GT3 rear diffuser- this is what we're talking about? It's very similar to the GT8 which I'm seriously considering doing a build of (since it doesn't get sold in the US). Your only 50 miles from me (San Diego here). Subscribed!
Not sure yet on the style wing but the GT8 is a car that does inspire a lot of ideas. For the rear diffuser, we were thinking of something like the AM Vulcan or like the Ferrari 458 GT3 Challenge cars.

Originally Posted by era2076
Beautiful - I agree the wheels detract form such a beautiful car. The grey on the rear valance just does not fit that beautiful black. The grill looks great against the black. Congrats.

A wing?

chr
Yessir, still debating on how we want to go about this. Will do wheels and suspension first, then start thinking about a front splitter, rear diffuser and wing.

Last edited by FR500GT; 10-16-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:35 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gene G
Congratulations! I like black Paint on an Aston because they do such a great job painting. It is going to look amazing after paint correction.
Indeed. I did some paint correction on my Onyx Black and it's really wow. Very impressive paint job.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:15 PM
Forgiato Wheels with Pirelli Tires are for sale if anyone is interested:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ero-tires.html

Old 01-29-2019, 01:55 PM
New suspension, wheels and tires on...

Old 01-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations!!!
That's a lot of black!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally picked up a V8V!