Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another New Owner - V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Sirius79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Another New Owner - V8 Vantage

Hi All,

I picked up my car about a month ago and am really enjoying it. I'm based in the UK about 30 miles South West of London. This is my first Aston Martin having promised myself a few years ago that I would own one someday. When I got married in 2011 I rented one for the weekend and was really impressed.

I thought I would share a couple of pictures - its a Black on Black MY11 4.7 Vantage its quite nicely spec'd with both the B&O sound system and the carbon lightweight seats.

Looking forward to taking part in the forum, this place looks to be quite active. I'm reasonably handy with tools having done most work on a number of cars over the last 20 years or so. I've already had to swap the battery out on the Vantage.

Cheers for now.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:43 AM
JB65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the club, great combo, you will not regret it.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:40 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Very nice indeed, those seats are to die for. Keeper for sure.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great Vantage, you will love it. Nice transmission choice as well. I wish we could have those sears on this side of the pond.
What do the power seat controls do when you hav the light weight seats? The seat backs don’t recline, correct?
Ron

Old 10-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Great Vantage, you will love it. Nice transmission choice as well. I wish we could have those sears on this side of the pond.
What do the power seat controls do when you hav the light weight seats? The seat backs don’t recline, correct?
Ron
Thanks for the nice comments. On the seats there are a few power seat controls - the whole seat can go forwards/backwards and up and down. Then the whole seat can tilt/recline. As they are a single piece when you use the tilt to recline the back then the seat base tilts as well.

I was a bit concerned that they wouldn't have enough adjustment and that they might be uncomfortable especially on longer journeys, but thankfully I had nothing to worry about, I've found them very comfortable and have done a couple of 4+ hour drives in it so far without issue.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
​​​​​​Great looking Vantage. I love black cars hard to keep up with but nothing looks better than a clean and polished black car.
There is now special black wax for black cars hides any small imperfections. Wishing you many happy miles.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sirius79
Hi All,

I picked up my car about a month ago and am really enjoying it. I'm based in the UK about 30 miles South West of London. This is my first Aston Martin having promised myself a few years ago that I would own one someday. When I got married in 2011 I rented one for the weekend and was really impressed.

I thought I would share a couple of pictures - its a Black on Black MY11 4.7 Vantage its quite nicely spec'd with both the B&O sound system and the carbon lightweight seats.

Looking forward to taking part in the forum, this place looks to be quite active. I'm reasonably handy with tools having done most work on a number of cars over the last 20 years or so. I've already had to swap the battery out on the Vantage.

Cheers for now.
Fantastic spec and visually very striking, agree with others that those seats are amazing.

Congratulations!

Old 10-21-2018, 11:26 AM
talltim is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks stunning and nice spec too with the rare B&O

Which Black do you have? mines an Onyx Black 2012.25 my manual 19k miles at purchase

Funnily I have also had to change my battery but also find they get better the more use they get having now put 10k miles on her since the end of May

Old 10-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Mine is also Oynx black, it looks stunning when clean but as is typical keeping it that way is a challenge. I knew what I was in for as I have another black sports car but it would really help if my cat didn't like cars as much as I do. It is covered in paw prints!

Old 10-21-2018, 11:49 AM
talltim is an unknown quantity at this point
I have trouble with the local magpies getting excited and perching on it

Still, very rewarding once waxed

Old 10-21-2018, 02:45 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic looking car, welcome to the club

Old 10-21-2018, 03:00 PM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats, beautiful Aston!!

Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'd love to know how those seats feel, they look awesome.

The 09-11's are my favorite, you got my favorite wheels too, but no way I'd have a black car, and it's not so much how dirty they look, it's how brutal hot they get sitting in the sun. They always look hot no matter what the temperature though

Old 10-21-2018, 09:34 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'd love to know how those seats feel, they look awesome.

The 09-11's are my favorite, you got my favorite wheels too, but no way I'd have a black car, and it's not so much how dirty they look, it's how brutal hot they get sitting in the sun. They always look hot no matter what the temperature though

Ugh, those seats. Want.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:48 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bolteon
Ugh, those seats. Want.
Seriously. I’ll take a pair too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another New Owner - V8 Vantage