Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

When the Dark Lord and the Green Lantern meet... Last days....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:15 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
When the Dark Lord and the Green Lantern meet... Last days....

I’ve been trying to get AXARUNNER out for a jaunt into the local country side. Well this past Friday, I was finally able to get him and that Green Lantern out onto the road.We started out with a nice easy cruise up Rt 23.

Nothing memorable and some road construction killed what should have been the best part of Rt 23.

We get North of Port Jervis and stop in for a quick photo session. Unfortunately, I got distracted because I left my prescription sunglasses on the ledge at our first stop. We made a U-turn and found em. However, there were some angles that I forgot to take pictures of, which highlight the reason why one ventures to the Hawks Nest.

After taking the photos that we did, we then decided to take I84 East to 17 S, which would have brought us back to NJ mainly via New York .As we approach I84, I decide to hang a right thinking I would pick up an entrance to I84 at another location. NOT!

No matter, I simply followed Waze which adjusted and plotted a new route home. This was the cruise of the day Rt. 209 to Rt. 206 to Rt. 15 to I80 East to 280, which took us home. We cruised out the routes, which gave us some nice scenery to enjoy.

When we hit I80 we found some room to express ourselves. Mind you, it was never about a race but we both "wound" out our cars, and hit redline a couple of times. Jesus, these cars pulled lovely!!!

Last time I looked at my speedo, I saw the needle falling through 139. AXARUNNER said he saw 144mph!!! No sweat, no fuss, just cruising….

We topped the afternoon off with a lunch and beer at the new diner in town.

With the rapidly falling temperatures, this looks like it may have been it for me, because I generally do not like driving when the temperature is below 50 degrees.

But, yes, a good time was had for what may have been my final run of the season.

Enjoy the pics.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 09-20-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
The Green Lantern should have the yellow calipers, too

Old 10-21-2018, 04:07 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
That green Vantage is so cool. What is that green called? BRG?Any interior pictures?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:05 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You North Jersey guys have all the fun. I can't get Aldo to do anything, he's always working! He won't even grudge race me LOL

Although I'd be playing catch up most of the time. I know you're both putting down a few more ponies!

Old 10-22-2018, 08:27 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by silver997
That green Vantage is so cool. What is that green called? BRG?Any interior pictures?

Chestnut Brown interior.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Hawks nest twists...

Old 10-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Terminal... I loved hanging with you and that drive home was epic!

Old 10-22-2018, 01:02 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER

Hawks nest twists...
This is the shot that I forgot to emphasize!!! Not to be driven by the faint of heart!!!

Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Terminal... I loved hanging with you and that drive home was epic!
Likewise. Thank goodness for wrong turns!!!

Old 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Great landscape

Old 10-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by silver997
Yes, it's British Racing Green. My 2007 Vantage was Goodwood Green which is a brighter green.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:32 PM

2007 V8 Vantage in Goodwood Green