Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Introduction of my 2010 DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
Introduction of my 2010 DBS

I wanted to introduce myself and my new to me 2010 Lightning Silver/Obsidian DBS TT Volante as I've been primarily lurking on the forum since April after making the purchase. I’m coming from the BMW scene where I had two widebody supercharged M3s that were highly modified and while I don’t plan on modifying anywhere near the same level with the DBS I do plan on adding a few parts to “personalize” the car as well as a complete maintenance overhaul this winter to officially start fresh with it. Hopefully my changes won’t be too taboo for the AM scene!

As mentioned, I’ve had the car since April and it has been an absolute blast to own and drive, it's just unfortunate I can't find more time to drive it! The DBS had long been my dream car and I couldn’t be happier to now have one in my garage. The car came with a Quicksilver Supersport exhaust and tinted windows but otherwise completely stock. I added a set of VCollection Carbon tail light inserts (not sure on whether I will keep them or not, kind of preferring the factory silver inserts currently), a Bovee1000 (definitely a must have for bluetooth), factory trunk mat, Lloyd rubber mats to protect the factory mats, sun-screen, RedPants LED interior lights, a fancy OEM license plate frame, OEM wheel locks, and polished seat adjustment buttons. I also added some parts that were missing from the car when purchased including a factory umbrella, leather key storage pouch, valet key, OEM LED flashlight, OEM first aid kit, OEM tire repair kit, OEM tool kit, and OEM storage bag for the windscreen. A new tail light and new glass key were provided by the dealer as there was condensation in one of the tail lights and the glass key was misplaced by the dealer when purchased.
The modifications that will be installed this winter include (big thanks to Stuart at Velocity AP and Rich at Redpants, both were great to deal with!)
- Velocity AP Headers, ceramic coated
- Velocity AP 200 Cell Cats
- Velocity AP Tune
- Velocity AP Lowering Springs
- RedPants High Flow Air Filters
- Front & Rear H&R 11mm Spacers
- Front splitter/bumper skid plates

Here is a photo of some of the parts awaiting install, hoping this setup won’t be too loud!

Maintenance:
- New brake pads front and rear- going to give the Pagid RSC1 4941 and 4943 a shot (only thing I haven’t purchased yet) unless anyone else has a better alternative for the CCM’s besides OEM
- Oil change
- Brake fluid change
- Coolant change
- Final drive fluid change
- Power steering fluid change
- Trans fluid change
- New spark plugs & coil packs
- New cabin filters
- New emergency brake pads
- New coat of clearcoat on front calipers as the clear is peeling (has anyone else had this issue? I have not used any harsh chemicals on the wheels/CCMs, just soap and water, and certainly haven't driven the car too hard)

Car is also getting ceramic coated and the convertible top re-conditioned.

Couple questions:
I’m trying to replace the license plate light bulbs with LED’s. From the owner manual they appear to be the same size as the LED interior lights I purchased from RedPants. How do I get the panel out to replace them? All the DIY articles I have found appear to have a different part than what’s installed in my DBS as far as the license plate light housing… Also does anyone know if I’ll get some type of bulb out warning swapping to the LED’s?

I’m also trying to put LED bulbs in the front turn signals. Does anyone have any recommendations? It would be great to find a clear bulb that blinks orange to get rid of the egg yolk type effect…And same question as above, does anyone have any idea if this will make the car throw a warning light?

Future plans:
OEM glass buttons
OEM Black front grill from ultimate/carbon edition
OEM Black hood and fender vent mesh
OEM Black surround rear clear lights with Divinatech Sequential modification
Divinatech oil cap
RSC Carbon fiber side strakes
Vcollection Carbon fiber rear trunk/quarter panel trim
Vcollection front bumper clear side markers
Vcollection matte carbon side sills
Vcollection carbon engine cover
Vcollection Black tail pipes
Smoked diffuser markers (anyone know where I can get them?)
Window/convertible top trim all wrapped in black to match rest of trim

Pictures:

Old 10-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Awesome DBS and mod plans. Those mats though look like an episode of Dexter 😳

Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Great purchase

Old 10-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Fantastic car, congratulations.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I think you've got 10 O2 sensors, but it doesn't look like you've got a similar number of bungs between the headers and cats, so how does that work? Do you have to drop the subframe to install the headers? Are you going to do that yourself? As much as I'd like headers myself, install has been the stumbling block for me. Is there a reason you're changing the plugs and coils? Lotsa miles or misfires?

Old 10-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hedged
Awesome DBS and mod plans. Those mats though look like an episode of Dexter 😳
Thanks! The mats certainly aren’t the most attractive but they were cheap and fit well! The factory mats are there underneath I promise!
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Great purchase
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Fantastic car, congratulations.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I think you've got 10 O2 sensors, but it doesn't look like you've got a similar number of bungs between the headers and cats, so how does that work? Do you have to drop the subframe to install the headers? Are you going to do that yourself? As much as I'd like headers myself, install has been the stumbling block for me. Is there a reason you're changing the plugs and coils? Lotsa miles or misfires?
Velociy AP sent me 8 extension harnesses, I honestly haven’t looked into how it all works but now that you mention I’ll email Stuart and see if he can respond to this thread so everyone will be in the loop for people considering this setup. It’s my understanding that the subframe has to be loosened but not fully dropped. I will not be doing the work, a local Indy shop I’ve worked with for years, Bimmerworks which also has experience with exotics and Aston’s, will be tackling the project.
The brake pads are being replaced as when I purchased the car I knew they’d be needed soon and it was part of the negotiations (as far as I know they’re original pads).... the coils and spark plugs I’m doing as preventative maitenance as the owners manual states 7 years/70k miles for plugs and I have no record they’ve been done. Doing coils as it sounds like is not a quick job replacing the plugs so might as well do it all at once since you’re in there. The car has 20k miles on it currently....I may hold off until next winter to do the plugs and coils as it doesn’t really go along with any of the other maintenance or modifications being done in terms of killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Nice set of mods you have planned!

Old 10-23-2018, 06:10 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats, beautiful AM, love it!!!!

Old 10-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
What a cool DBS, It has been one of my dream Astons as well. Sensible list of upgrades as well. Enjoy it.
Ron

Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Welcome. It's nice when lurkers come out of the shadows! But you've got to ditch those mats and order a proper set of carpet mats. I highly recommend not doing Lloyds, the fit was horrible. I went with a set from ebay and they're far nicer.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:31 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats....no plan for aftermarket wheels?

Old 10-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Nice set of mods you have planned!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by pearsonhaus
Congrats, beautiful AM, love it!!!!
Appreciate the kind words.
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
What a cool DBS, It has been one of my dream Astons as well. Sensible list of upgrades as well. Enjoy it.
Ron
Thanks Ron!
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Welcome. It's nice when lurkers come out of the shadows! But you've got to ditch those mats and order a proper set of carpet mats. I highly recommend not doing Lloyds, the fit was horrible. I went with a set from ebay and they're far nicer.
Do you have a link? The factory mats are under the rubber Lloyds mats pictured, they're purely to protect the factory ones (and actually came in handy the other day when I didn't notice I had stepped on something a dog left behind, in the parking lot of a gas station of all places not even in the grass!...luckily caught it before touching the pedals but it would've made a mess on the factory carpets!)
Originally Posted by acs-3
Congrats....no plan for aftermarket wheels?
Not at this time, most likely at some point down the road.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:07 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Liilpa09

Do you have a link? The factory mats are under the rubber Lloyds mats pictured, they're purely to protect the factory ones (and actually came in handy the other day when I didn't notice I had stepped on something a dog left behind, in the parking lot of a gas station of all places not even in the grass!...luckily caught it before touching the pedals but it would've made a mess on the factory carpets!)
This was the set

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282426607929?ul_noapp=true

The drivers side, even though it fits perfect, when your foot hits the spot over the rubber pad it will slide. I'm going to end up pinning it to the top on the original carpet with a butterfly clip, or something.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:48 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
what a gorgeous car! I wouldn't change a thing on the exterior!

Old 10-24-2018, 09:29 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Stunning CAR. Yes on going back to silver taillight inserts. Black kind of disconnects the lines..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introduction of my 2010 DBS