Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GT4 exhaust + X pipe for a 4.7 V8V

Old 10-31-2018, 01:06 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lilseevs
My issue with the gt4 muffler delete, is the sound drastically changes from the unique Aston exotic v8 to a more pure/raw v8 sound. I drove around with the gt4 muffler delete on my prior car for over a year, it was definitely loud and fun but the sound was not unique especially in the higher rpm ranges. When on the track, it sounded very similar to a couple of hellcats I was rolling with - which was the glass shattering moment for me to not pursue the same setup on my current V8VS
Hate to break it to you, but the exotic notes you think come from the 4.7 don't exist.
It's a 289cid V8- no matter how you dice it. It wont sound much differently from a Mustang V8 engine from the 60's.

You should have gotten a V12.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:02 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bolteon
Hate to break it to you, but the exotic notes you think come from the 4.7 don't exist.
It's a 289cid V8- no matter how you dice it. It wont sound much differently from a Mustang V8 engine from the 60's.

You should have gotten a V12.
I love the way the Mustang v8 sounds. The firing order of a v8 gives it a unique sound, with many preferring that sound to the V12

Old 10-31-2018, 11:22 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I always saw the humor in the 4.3 being a 260 and the 4.7 a 289 considering the major shareholder and technical contributor at the time.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:41 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Nobody is running an X pipe with GT4 Exhaust/Muffler Delete?

Old 11-24-2018, 10:12 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
I love the way the Mustang v8 sounds. The firing order of a v8 gives it a unique sound, with many preferring that sound to the V12
Agreed. Shelby GT350 is epic sounding; perhaps best sounding V8 available. I wish AM went with Ford (or Toyota) than MB as their engine supplier. The V12 is not as vicious as the V8, but has more instruments in the symphony. Not as easy to get the V12 to upper RPM's as the V8 either; in regular driving.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:19 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have a VAP secondary cat delete and mid section x-pipe along with their tune. I also have a AM sport exhaust muffler sitting in my garage waiting for me to make up my mind if it will get installed this winter. I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds now. I think it has a really unique sound unlike other V8's out there. I also feel it sounds better than the V12. It's a personal taste thing though.

I doubt you will find anyone with your exact exhaust setup as the muffler delete is too extreme for many people.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:17 AM
karmafan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems like my car will continue its rapid depreciation while continuing with its abormally expensive upkeep so im rolling with it, this clearly isnt a real aston so im not going to preserve it as such. Id like to do an exhaust as well.

I was thinking deleting the cats, the setup with a 2 inch gap between sensors make me annoyed to see, and when the seasons change i throw 02 codes all day. Drop a lot of weight and open the exhaust at its first bottle neck. From there ive been thinking straight pipes to the existing muffler or x pipe / H pipe to a straight sound "lets not make all the neighbors hate me 9 to a 7 at 1200 rpm. I dont like engine drone, mine is a roadster and that really wears on you after 15 minutes. I want some extra noise, id like a few hp but im not wanting a huge amount of either. I think a cat delete alone would make me happy, headers would be nice but its more than i want to spend on a car thats always broken anyway, so value for mooney - cat delete to straight or x pipe?

clearly this is a matter of preference and taking cats off, installing pipes and leaving all else intact, and continuing to adjust backware is an eacy enough approach, i enjoy having some plan though of what im getting into before i go breaking out the cutting torch

Old 12-23-2018, 02:52 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
+1 on the straight pipes! Pull the muffler off and see for an example of the sound. Easy to reverse if you don't like it.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:16 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Ended up going custom. Challenge style rear section exhaust. Everything else is factory.

Not the best video but my buddy put it together for me after last weekends track day at Laguna Seca:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVE7...ature=youtu.be