Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Starting a Funny thing that happened thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 08:33 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Starting a Funny thing that happened thread

I was at a hotel and a young girl was looking at my car and walked into pillar. Also, almost got run over by a guy trying to take a pic from a SUV.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:06 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I know what you mean, this summer almost create a disaster in the morning traffic... the guy beside me had to jam on the brakes after looking too much my way. This car is amazing to some people it is invisible and to others (like me) they can't get their eyes off of it :-)

Old 10-28-2018, 06:35 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Random guy approached me this summer to check out the car, and as he turned to go, said "good luck on your mission".

Old 10-28-2018, 06:43 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
My grandson told me one one his friends took a video of an awesome Aston Martin driving down I95. When they showed him the video he said “that my granda’s car”.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:31 AM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Stopped at an open house and the realtor asked me if my car was the new model of the Genesis. When I asked why he thought that. He explained that he noticed the emblem on the hood. Apparently he was not that observant. .

Old 10-28-2018, 11:36 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I was stopped at an intersection in Adams Morgan in DC waiting for the light to change when an attractive young lady jogged past and I couldn't help but check her out. As I was watching her jog away in the distance I noticed the black dude in an Impala next to me checking out my car.

Dude: Nice car. What kind is it?
Me: Thanks. It's an Aston Martin Vantage Roadster.
Dude: Shiiit. I don't know whether to check out your car or check out her (the attractive jogger's) ***!
Dude and Me: Both bust out laughing!

Old 10-28-2018, 11:51 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handyman2009
I know what you mean, this summer almost create a disaster in the morning traffic... the guy beside me had to jam on the brakes after looking too much my way. This car is amazing to some people it is invisible and to others (like me) they can't get their eyes off of it :-)
A similar thing happened when I first got my V8V. I was stopped on the left turn lane waiting for the green turn arrow. The driver coming up on my right was checking out my car and didn't notice the light had turned red. He slammed on his brakes after he finally looked up. Fortunately there was no car in front of him. Unfortunately he couldn't stop fast enough and his car ended up stopping "inside the box" and he got lit up by the Fairfax County Police cruiser right behind him. I felt bad for the guy.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:17 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I was stopped at an intersection waiting for pedestrians to finish crossing so that I could make a turn. The last of them was an obviously homeless man carrying his worldly possession in a sack slung over his shoulder. He stopped right in front of my car and leaned in toward the bonnet. . I was getting quite concerned, but then he broke into a grin and came around to the passenger side window shouting about how much Aston Martins have changed since the 60's, James Bond and all that. Made me wonder if ownership of a classic Aston had led to his financial ruin .

Old 10-28-2018, 03:56 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spinecho
Random guy approached me this summer to check out the car, and as he turned to go, said "good luck on your mission".

This is great... I had a guy ask if it had machine guns and missiles... I told him that I couldn't say...

Old 10-28-2018, 06:00 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Shortly after I got my car, a neighbor came by and said "That's beautiful. What kind of car is it it?" I told him it was an Aston Martin. He said "Who makes that? "

Old 10-29-2018, 09:42 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jagman70
Shortly after I got my car, a neighbor came by and said "That's beautiful. What kind of car is it it?" I told him it was an Aston Martin. He said "Who makes that? "
I've had that exact encounter myself...pretty funny. Occasionally I'll take the Aston to a local cruise night (99% American iron, of course), but it's an evening out. Any way, I'm sitting there and I see an older gentleman bending over, scrutinizing the badge on the boot. He turns around and asks me if it's my car. Yup, sure is. Is that a Thunderbird? WTF?!?! Turns out he didn't have his reading glasses and that AM font is kinda' small.

I keep telling my wife and daughter how rare Astons are on the road…

1) I get an excited phone call from my wife/daughter while they are headed out to the local mall…”we’re driving behind an Aston!” I replied with an ‘I doubt it’ and told them to prove it via photo. A few minutes later I get a sheepish call from my daughter…when they got close enough to take a photo of the back, it was a Chrysler Crossfire.

2) I’m out driving one Friday after work and while waiting at a stop sign for traffic to clear, I see my wife and daughter drive by in our Range Rover. When I get home, my wife and daughter start telling me how they just saw another Aston in town, so its not so ‘exclusive’. I ask them what color it was…“green”. “That was me. You guys don't even recognize our own car.” More sheepish grins ensue…

3) Taking an early Friday afternoon drive out with the wife on the local roads heading north into Mass. Ended up in Brimfield where they have a thrice yearly antiques flea market that lines both sides of the road for a mile (I’m guessing it’s the largest in the US). Didn’t realize the show was that weekend, so inadvertently stuck in this very slow-moving traffic with a bazillion pedestrians on both sides of the road crossing back and forth. Got the top down, so trying hard not to draw any attention to ourselves as best we can. Walking towards the car is a late thirties/early forties black couple, with the man on the road side. He just stops, looks at the car, and says “You’re killing me, man.” I could only think to reply, “Sorry!” My wife thought that was very funny.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 10-29-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:09 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I took mine to Home Depot to pickup a few small things and when I came out maybe 15min later the cart guy was staying close to my car as he wanted to know who was James Bond... I thought it was

Old 10-29-2018, 04:57 PM
My former neighbor, Meghan, was the ultimate troll! Of all the cars she could've bought she just HAD TO GET A FORD FUSION! She was so proud of herself, too, for getting under my skin!

I miss the convenience of living in my old condo, and having cool neighbors, but I'm glad I have a house now and don't have to park next to Ford trolls anymore!

Last edited by programmatore; 10-29-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:47 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jagman70
That is a common question when I owned the Evora. Who makes Lotus?

Old 10-29-2018, 07:14 PM
LanceGT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclusive, but dang there's one now!

I was trolling today because I really don't have any input right now. I'm just enjoying what's in the garage. Raining here for the last week:-( no driving for me.
I couldn't resist the black and tan look of my Roadster.
Thanks to all of you for the information you're putting out here.

Last edited by LanceGT4; 10-29-2018 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Starting a Funny thing that happened thread