Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Starting a Funny thing that happened thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 09:35 AM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
Upon leaving the hotel, three valets come up to check out the DB9. One of them, unfortunately one of the two males, asks "wow, is that a V6 or V8?"

My almost-three year old girl can reliably spot an Aston in a picture. She calls them "fast cars." She's also uncanny good at telling the difference between our two identical twin Siamese mix cats.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
When a friend and I went to the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee the parking people waved us right past the the person collecting the parking fee. They directed us to a parking spot very close to the main tent. When we got out of the Aston the attendant said nice car we will keep an eye on it for you. I have been to the auction many times before and in much more valuable cars, but never got this caliber of treatment. The world loves Aston Martins.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
when they got close enough to take a photo of the back, it was a Chrysler Crossfire.
Saturday night I'm coming out from buying lottery tix and there's a guy standing by mine, he starts walking by as he can tell it's mine, turns around and asks "is that a Crossfire?" Uhh, no! smile.

Had an old guy standing beside it staring at it when I walked up and got in he asked "is that a new Chrysler?", "yes, yes it is!"

Was at Target last week, odd there were only 3 cars in the whole lot taking up spots 1-3. Heck with the long walk I take 4, I'm only going to be a minute. As I walk out a young black guy is walking toward [parked in 5] and said "dude, I love your Aston!", ?? How'd you know it was mine??" "I just guessed, is it really yours?!"

The week after it came off the trailer a Miata was coming off the exit ramp driving right at me staring with his mouth wide open, shocked, so shocked he forgot to turn the wheel and had to jerk it right to avoid hitting me.

I think we all have about 100 more The best are the "interactions" with the officers that have pulled me over

Old 10-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Saturday night I'm coming out from buying lottery tix and there's a guy standing by mine, he starts walking by as he can tell it's mine, turns around and asks "is that a Crossfire?" Uhh, no! smile.

Had an old guy standing beside it staring at it when I walked up and got in he asked "is that a new Chrysler?", "yes, yes it is!"

Was at Target last week, odd there were only 3 cars in the whole lot taking up spots 1-3. Heck with the long walk I take 4, I'm only going to be a minute. As I walk out a young black guy is walking toward [parked in 5] and said "dude, I love your Aston!", ?? How'd you know it was mine??" "I just guessed, is it really yours?!"

The week after it came off the trailer a Miata was coming off the exit ramp driving right at me staring with his mouth wide open, shocked, so shocked he forgot to turn the wheel and had to jerk it right to avoid hitting me.

I think we all have about 100 more The best are the "interactions" with the officers that have pulled me over
Some days I used to dread road tests. Ever have the passing by'er who's arm is attached to the head..as they turn their head to look at the car, the arm follows while still holding the steering

Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by irish07
Some days I used to dread road tests. Ever have the passing by'er who's arm is attached to the head..as they turn their head to look at the car, the arm follows while still holding the steering
Nah, my biggest problem there is being beside minivans and pickups that have no idea I'm beside them deciding they want my lane. And it's not like it's an X-19 or Healey, the guys in Vettes must really have to keep on their toes!