Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Volante roof open sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 11:56 AM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
DB9 Volante roof open sensor

Has anyone here had the similar problem: When the top is open, upon first hitting bumps or accelerating hard, typically an error message pops up "roof movement complete" or something and it starts beeping. I can either silence the beep by pressing "READ", but then the roof toggle's window control does not work. Not a huge deal since the side windows can still be controlled, but I lose control of the back corners, and I like the single-button windows up/down for if I'm getting on the highway or local roads.

To clear the message, I simply push the roof toggle forward a second and then back to re-lock the roof. This typically clears the message and things stay snug. It's not the end of the world, but has increased from maybe 1/4 of trips to "usually."

I've seen the YouTube video on the Hall Effect / location sensor that's in the front windshield assembly. They simply took it out and bent the metal spring it was on to change the spacing. I assume there is another Hall effect / location sensor in the back roof/trunk area, where I'm bouncing it and it thinks the roof is out of bounds. I'd think that a simple locate and tweak would fix this. I'm hesitant to pay the dealer next week to address it, as my 20k fluid changes are already pricey enough that my loaner car is said to be a Maserati or Bentley. Eek.

Anyone have this?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 11-02-2018, 10:23 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You're going to the dealer why wouldn't you have it diagnosed? As you say it could be an easy fix. Few $$$ and your not having to fiddle with the switch as everything works as it should. Have you checked the top cover panel for fit? Try to gently press or lift it with the car running and see if the message comes on. Could be a touchy latch or adjustment.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
I'm with DoubleU. It sounds like a touchy latch switch. I would expect the dealer should be able to quickly diagnose this and fix this.